Sign in to follow this  
Donaghue

Animal spawns and slower healing from food

Having played for a couple of days by living off the land, I'm a bit surprised at how few game animals there are. They seem to appear more or less where you'd expect to find them--sheep and cattle in the open, boars and rabbits in the forest--but unless I'm just always getting there just after someone else they're suspiciously rare. I mean, even in an ex-Soviet state I'd expect to find more than one goat for every couple of villages I stumble across.

Given the scarcity of food on the hoof it's hard to pin down where they're currently likely to spawn, but it makes sense to me to find farm animals near farms and wild animals anywhere else. Also, and this has been suggested elsewhere, I'd normally expect to see them somewhere near water, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

And what's the deal with the rabbits? They're tiny, fairly quick, hard to catch, and have hardly any meat on them--all good and well. But they're also rare. Why? Are they all celibate or something? The forest should be crawling with them. Give us more game animals, please!

And while we're on the topic of food, this instant-heal from a steak or tin of sardines business is a bit meh. Maybe it could be changed to instant satisfaction of hunger but heal-over-time? Say twenty minutes for full benefit from fresh food and thirty minutes from canned? Just a thought.

Hm, yes. Search didn't pick it up. Oh well.

Ah! Also meant to suggest: a limit on how much you can eat in a certain amount of time, or bloating effects if you eat too much (sickness, slowness, etc). As it stands, you can take a shot from someone, duck behind cover, choke down some painkillers and some steaks and be as good as new. Admittedly, it takes a minute or two in which you better hope you don't get shot again, but it's still bullshit.

I got myself cut to ribbons raiding a hospital at night, down to around 600 blood. No worries! Hit the coast for some hunting, ate about a dozen steaks and hey presto, by dawn I was fighting fit. Just like in real life!

lol ya that part of the game is a bit flawed...you can down steaks and cans of beans or w/e in two seconds and your health is back up to full and your not bloated and you can run like your on and empty stomach :/