bobobobo

Direct chat (audio and text) not working

Hi,

i can't seem to use direct chat. i just started playing dayz a few days ago. every time i meet a player i tried to communicate but it just doesnt work. i can type something in but nobody seems to be able to read it cause i dont get any answers. pls help.

i bought the steam version (combined operations)

im running arma 2 on beta patch 94444

and dayz v1.7.2

i use the sixupdater for launching

and i'm running windows7

thx

This really doesnt work i dont think, im pretty sure people are just to lazy to reply because i have used side chat (on some servers) and it has worked fine, is anyone else in the game talking?

no the chat is simply dead. global chat has been diabled to make the game more realistic right? i can choose direct, vehicle or group chat but none of them are working and direct chat doesn't work even if a player is next to me.like i said, i never get any reply. just don't know if they can read what i'm writing and i just can't see their answers or if they can't even read what i'm writing. does the chat for all of you work or am i the only one having this problem.

Some servers it works, some have it disabled (for whatever reason) the server i play on regularly works fine. (Text and Voice)

which one is the server you play on? would be great if you could tell me then i could test if my chat is working or if the problem is really on the servers side.