Korosh Is Here

Waiting for Character to Create

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Yes, 94444

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Worrom's DayZ Mod Updater v1.61

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

I join a server and the screen never goes past the Waiting for Character to create screen. It got past a couple of times but then got stuck at Loading.

*Your PC specs:

Good enough. It was running fine until this update.

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7

*Have you looked at these threads?:

Yes, I've only seen posts about Loading screens, not the Waiting for Character to Create

im stuck at this screen too was fine this morning now bam get stuck here =(

just wait it out takes a super long time

Same problem here it worked fine after the update initially and now this. At least I'm not the only one, I thought the alpha just ate my game, but it may be the update then?

Same problem here. Got same details as you, except i use Six updater...

I'm getting this as well. Any server I try to join, any game. Always the same. I was actually able to join a server the first time, and then this screen has been the only thing I've seen since for a week.

What gives? Are other players playing this game? Why am I left out? Did I do something wrong? I just want to know how to play this game that everybodys talking about.... :/

What gives? Are other players playing this game? Why am I left out? Did I do something wrong? I just want to know how to play this game that everybodys talking about.... :/

A new patch came today, which probably is the reason. I believe it's not just us, but almost everyone, if not all.

But i dunno :p

Super frustrating because I can get onto some servers, but not the one I was on prior to the patch, where I was driving down the road in my car and then the server went down to update. Guarantee it's long gone by the time I get back in...