Sign in to follow this  
Mastiff (DayZ)

Looking for advice on CZ550

Hey...

Basically I've been using enfields, AKs, M16s and others recently but I managed to get my hands on the common CZ550 which proved to be not so common for me.

I'm familiar with the mildots on the M24 and other scoped rifles but when I look at the CZ550 I'm not familiar at all with the way of using the vertical markings. Am I right in thinking that the vertical lines are used to measure shoulder width and thus you gauge distance that way? Unless I have an accurate way of gauging distance I'm thinking this rifle might be a better off just using an enfield...

So any idea? or guides? I've looked around but can't find a guide to such a scope. I'm not professional gun user either I've merely used mildots in other games.

Edit: I prefer to play on Veteran servers rather than those that display tags and distance.

best way to judge on the fly is line the center up on there feet and count the mill dots to there head then line up the shot on that mill dot.. this only works if there kinda far away closer they get of course this wont work..

As far as I know you just have to eyeball it. The shoulder distance doesn't really make any sense because for it to be consistent your target would have to be facing directly away or towards you.

As the previous poster said, with the CZ550, use page up and page down to change the zeroing of the sight.

On veteran servers (that I myself tend to play on), the challenge is to accurately judge the distance to the target. This can be done in several ways, for example by estimating how far away they are based on how tall they appear in the scope, referencing known points or, if you have a map, count the grid squares between you and the target.

I know how to zero in obviously but I'm struggling to judge distance and thus it starting to feel a bit useless at times.

To the previous responses the CZ550 doesn't have the traditional mildots it seems to have vertical lines to the sides, I was under the impression it was to do with shoulder width but I heard that on the grapevine.

The best way with the cz to judge distance is to use the chevron as a mildot... its about 1.5 mildots big so you just need to find out the height of the object, times it by 1000, then divide that number by the height of it in mildots. A standing zombie is about 1.8m tall a monkey .8 and a crawler .4

so a Standing zombie thats 3 mildots tall is about 600m away (1.8x1000/3)

or a monkey thats 1.5 mildots tall is 550m or so away (.8x1000/1.5)

thats the best i can do for ya :D

Hope it helped!

*edit* OFC the more you use the gun the easier it gets to judge distances

So basically if I was using this rifle purely for PvP and my M16 for PvE, humans are around 1.8m tall aren't they on this game standing? I need to be able to quickly calculate 1,800/mil dots and guess the rest?

if you want the most accurate judge of distance yes...once you get used to this system however doing the math isn't even needed as you'll be able to eyeball it more or less.

Another handy way is to do the math before hand and have a cheat sheet next to you with mildot-distance conversions handy.