Sign in to follow this  
mr11b

Direct3D9 Graphic error, just started after update

I looked around, google, BI forums, etc. Nothing appeared to fit my specific setup. Here is the background. I have ARMA 2 CO installed from a disk. I recently downloaded steam about a week ago. ARMA 2 doesn't show in my library and I don't play it from steam. Steam does not run in the background either. I downloaded DayZ yesterday and played fine. This morning I even ran ARMA 2 CO with no problems. I am running DayZ through the six launcher. I have the current version of the Six launcher, DayZ and ARMA 2 CO 1.60. This problem only started happening after today's update of DayZ. Here are some PC specs

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i7 CPU

64 bit

ATI Radeon HD5700

My graphics card drivers are good to go as well. I really appreciate any help. I know I can isolate the start of this problem to the update because literally a hour before the update everything was running fine, including DayZ. Let me know if there is any additional information you might need.

Won't let me download it right now... Pardon my ignorance but is the beta patch something to do specifically with DayZ or is it an update related to ARMA 2? I thought 1.60 was the most current update? If not I apologize for not verifying this and applying the update prior to posting. Thank you again, and I'll keep trying to dl the beta patch. I will update this thread if the status of the error changes.

It's installed. Same problem.

::Update:: I tried running the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut from my main Arma 2 folder in program files. It allowed the game to launch, however when I went into single player, editor and tried to add a person to the map to test it out it would not allow me to add people, just aircraft and vehicles. It loaded but the aircraft was not present and it was just a first person image of the scenery. When launching ARMA 2 it works fine, just not ARMA 2 CO.

Launch Arma 2 once, and then Operation Arrowhead once. This removes any registry issues you are having.

If this issue still persists; exit STEAM, then start STEAM via (left click select icon, right click open menu, select "run as administrator")

If that fails please restart the PC. Continue to launch in Six Launcher after this.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!