zantiago

Guillie gone 1.7.2

Same thing happened to me. Not a big deal. Just reporting the issue

man, you guys got Effed up pretty badly, huh? I suppose reading online BEFORE you put one on never really crossed your mind? Nah, I'm just being an ass, but you should seriously check the forums after a major patch to check on all the bugs so you know on what to avoid, like I'm doin' =D

Date/Time: 5pm central

What happened: Lost everything due to bug. and NO I havn't died yet.

Where you were: Chernogorsk

What you were doing: logging in at my camping tent

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: home server is Atlanta 86, don't remember the random server I was on.

*Your system specs: 3.8ghz quad core amd 955 BE. nvidia 560 TI, 8 gb of ddr3 memory.

*Timeline of events before/after error: I logged in, then it says I don't have guillie suit id or something of the sort then my character is completely invisible. I then relog and I'm in the middle of the ocean, log out for a while. Log back in and I see land now and I swim towards it, server restarts so I go to my home server, log in and now I don't have a backpack while I'm swimming and once I get to land I have nothing but a makarav, 1 bandage, 1 clip of ammo and my toolbelt. I lost an AS50, guillie suit, a 24 slot coyote backpack, NV goggles, binoculars, I'm guessing a couple blood packs, some morphine and other survival goodies.

I'm just hoping that you can reset my character, this sort of situation should warrant it.

First off, this mod is in an Alpha production state, which means things are -bound- to go wrong. Bugs happen, you -will- lose gear over random bugs, you -will- get killed by some bugs; just get over it.

I understand how some people don't get this, but an Alpha is by no means a fully released game and doesn't aim to be something like that. You can compare this to going to a car factory and driving off in a frame without doors, paint or polish, using a wrench to steer and an engine that has to be manually started and restarted after every 5km. If you don't like this, you'll have to wait for the car to be completed before using it.

Long story short, there is no warranty, nor -should- they warrant this. Shit happens.

Edited by Fengshen

first time i found a camo suit and lost all my gear except backpack and toolbelt. second time i tryed to put ghillie suit and this shit happened to me again. all this shit started to bug after 1.7.2 patch. burn in hell, Dayz developers!

first time i found a camo suit and lost all my gear except backpack and toolbelt. second time i tryed to put ghillie suit and this shit happened to me again. all this shit started to bug after 1.7.2 patch. burn in hell, Dayz developers!

Learn to read the forums before you start whining.

On another note, have fun finding yourself new gear, it's the best part of this game. Oh, and a general hint? If you find a camo or ghillie, first drop ALL YOUR STUFF before putting it on, then, when it's done glitching, pick it up again. Winning.

Just posted a video up of the same thing happening:

I was going to post asking if I dropped all of my stuff and put the suit on would the glitch happen, Guess I don't need to ask now.

Thanks for posting the video.

happened to me too, it pissed me off pretty damn well.... will never find a new ghillie suit probably...

i lost it on LU 130

Same happened to me...

Lost NVG's and my lovely M4a3 COG on DE7.. :-(

I know this is Beta but it's breaking my heart and the will to play this anymore.. annoying thing was that due to a gun dissapearing I went to a town to get another and saw the suit so decided to put it on after 5 mins suffice to say I was swimming with no way of getting my items.. :(

this happened to me with the camo and the Guille also, and every time I popped into the sea without any of the gun with me and I was in the backpack

I've got details: I found myself 2 ghillie suits (don't ask, I'm luck like that lol)

Putting all my stuff on the ground in front of me, except for the toolbelt (DON'T forget the binoculars, I did and lost them lol). Put on the ghille, swam for a second and came back to my original spot without the ghillie suit equipped and it's not in my inventory anymore.

I picked up all I had dropped on the ground, so I lost nothing, except for my binoculars, but am really hoping to be able to equip my spare ghillie soon.

Would be really nice to get some DEV/MOD REPLY on this issue.

Would be better if you just updated, since the DEVS ALREADY FIXED THIS PROBLEM in update 1.7.2.3.

Ghillies and Camo are working fine again and you won't sink through the ground or lose all your items when you equip it.

Apart from that, the fact that they didn't react on this topic (out of 102498435978 topics about people losing their ghillies) does't mean that they don't know about the problem.

As you can imagine, a team of such a small size can't go around and answer all the questions of the thousands of users on this forums; they react in some topics, but it's impossible to answer them all.

Edited by Fengshen

Would be better if you just updated, since the DEVS ALREADY FIXED THIS PROBLEM in update 1.7.2.3.

Ghillies and Camo are working fine again and you won't sink through the ground or lose all your items when you equip it.

maybe u can equip it.. but on relog u get a reset before u equip the clothes...

Just happen to me just then, was in one server. Logged out and changed server. Log in and it was gone...........

maybe u can equip it.. but on relog u get a reset before u equip the clothes...

I have never had that problem, but if you have a reset to before you equipped them, it indicates that the server you were on has problems with updating to the Hive.