Sign in to follow this  
blockhead (DayZ)

Officially hooked

Ok, got my first good chunk of gameplay last night and luckily connected to a very stable server, so the experience was virtually lag free and smooth.

I... Love.... This.... Game!!!

More than anything, I think it's the combination of freedom to 'do it your way' or team play and the pure survival aspect.

I started out badly, pretty much attracting every zombie in a 1 mile radius and rapidly ran out of ammo and supplies.

Then I found another friendly survivor who had much more adept zombie surviving skills. We stuck together and started out on a bit of an explore and ended up way up in the mountains.

Along the way I quickly learned from my new survival buddy, the 'correct' way to engage zombies... ie. where possible, don't! Using crouching and cover to avoid them and gathering supplies where we could.

We hadn't had much joy finding any ammo/weapons and then we parted ways after his connection bombed out.... leaving me... all alone in the mountains.

This time though, I had learned from my mistakes and embarked in a mass exploration of the area, using what I had learned, dipping in and out of cover, only engaging zombies where needed.

I went on for ages without seeing another sole (except zombies) and just before my session came to an end... a wooden observation point on the peak... climbed it, looked inside... AK & G17 with a pile of ammo.

Honestly I have never been more satisfied to find weapons in a game.

I absolutely cannot wait until I'm playing it again.

I have over 150 hours played since I bought it a week ago. Its fun.

I'm also totally hooked, bought Arma II CO just to get this mod, I must say, the graphics are amazing. Sometimes I forget I'm in a virtual world!

No other game has ever made me be so cautious and be so paranoid about nothing happening at all, lol, quality.

A few too many zombies maybe, but that's good in a way because it kind of forces you to play in teams together.