Sign in to follow this  
livehifi

Securing A Base - An Alternative to Instances

Rocket clearly likes the instance approach, which sounds dope, based on his Rezzed q/a.

However, and he may have been suggesting this, I think I have a solution of my own (sorry for repost if so...)

-----

Underground or somehow enterable areas that do not allow player spawns. I.e. no-spawn zones that port you to the door when you log in. This is similar to instances ofc in WoW or what have you, but they leave behind the instance and instead just enforce a safe-zone and warping.

Then you could ensure that players must traverse a difficult path that must be camped for security.

In order to deter would be spelunkers who just comb these areas you could even have some way making them ubiquitous or you could even make them a part of the normal environment, maybe this would also solve some looting "exploits" a la logging in at a barracks etc. Maybe even make logging in with a certain coord range too close to marked loots (high yields) disallowed, forcing a warp to the nearest waypoints outside that range.

Idk, just rambling after staying up playing all night and drinking coffee... ^_^