Sign in to follow this  
ghostshooter

dayZ stats on unique players & Characters

i was a little bored so i took some time to give my thoughts about the DayZ homepage game statistics lol. in the picture provided (hopefully not blurry lol) it shows rounded off, that 4 thousand players have dead characters, im assuming mostly the only way that would happen is rage quiting after death right? lol.

also if u take unique characters and times that by the average deaths u get the total characters number. im not too sure what that means though, is it total characters thats been made/spawned in the game? ya thats the most logical explanation.

sorry if this thread is a little useless lol, its just i really wonna play this mod but i cant ATM :-/

Well alot of things are wrong really...

Survival time 29 - 30 mins.. thats not true.. thats only because of people who purposly kill themselves to get a good spawn or get spawn killed.

Normal survival time ive seen is always 4-5 hours though i know over 40 people easilly who have done over 15 hours

I read it that way:

Characters => all characters ever created dead and alive

Alive Characters => all characters creaded that are not dead

Bandits => guess that is all alive bandits

Unique Players => number of Arma II games used to create a charakter (guess it depends on a GUID)

Survival time 29 - 30 mins.. thats not true.. thats only because of people who purposly kill themselves to get a good spawn or get spawn killed.

That was 4h50m some time ago and was reset. Most likely due to the same bug that lets everyone spawn at the beach.

Will there be a way in future to see personal stats. Like your longest surviving run, how many times you've died, total zombie kills etc?

Will there be a way in future to see personal stats. Like your longest surviving run' date=' how many times you've died, total zombie kills etc?

[/quote']

i have no idea, but i hope they make personal stats, im pretty sure they already have how many days u have been alive and how long its been since the last time u ate and drank

Well alot of things are wrong really...

Normal survival time ive seen is always 4-5 hours though i know over 40 people easilly who have done over 15 hours

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2942

Rocket says that:

1. insta suicides to get a better spot aren't counted, because the system doesn't count survivors who live less than 2 minutes.

2. Everyone saying that the noobs are lowering the survival time are wrong, because there was an error adding an extra 0 back when the survival time was 4 hours 30 minutes. (in other words, the actual survival time back then was 43minutes)

One of the factors keeping the survival time down is probably the big influx of new characters. Once you get a hold on the game, it's not that hard to survive, but I don't know of anyone who didn't have a few short lives when they first started. Zombie agro knowledge only comes with experience after all. Not to mention the first few lives are often spend getting a feel for the controls.

I also might be one of the people bringing down the average, because whenever I spawn I just run through the nearest city grabbing gear as I go. I tend to press my luck a ton early on up until I find something valuable. (after all, losing a character that has nothing is basically the same as losing nothing)

Although, I'm on day 3 with my current character and about 10 hours played, so maybe I'm balancing myself out?