siddhi

calling all dedicated snipers...

agreed with Ravin. No point in shooting just spawned players, but up north anything can and will go, so you have to defend yourself. I'm happy to overwatch while my friends go looting as i find it tense enough to be fun as you are constantly second guessing whether you saw something. However, i have also gone hunting many a time involving lying around for up to an hour at a time. it does seem to be common in this thread, so maybe those who have been hunting in RL are more willing to put up with it?

I do prefer to work as a pair when on overwatch though. always good to have an extra set of eyes to watch your back.

I do prefer to work as a pair when on overwatch though. always good to have an extra set of eyes to watch your back.

Working in groups always proves benefical. Considering sniper teams always consisted of two individuals, a single sniper might get some good shots in, but they are not nearly as good as two snipers on a level playing field with the same skills and weapons.

• @biscuits: will you focus on the (one) screen the entire time, or are you multitasking?

• if the former, are you "zoning out" in Chernarus ("taking in the atmosphere" if you will), or are you more focused around your immediate physical environment? if you are "mentally dwelling" in Chernarus, would you say have a very large screen / advanced sound set up?

• how long will you lie in wait for, minutes or hours at a stretch?

Sniping in a video game is like fishing, or deer stand hunting -- which are both considered normal and healthy activities by anyone except perhaps die-hard vegans.

No, you don't stalk your target. Yes, it's still fun.

Calling people isolated, disconnected, and accusing them of lacking empathy because they enjoy sniping *in a game* is plainly idiotic and insulting.

In the words of a famous Russian hockey player; 'is only game, why you have to be mad?'

Clearly you've been pissed off by someone sniping you. Time to realize it's just a game, and stop trying to call people diseased for 'ruining your fun'.

Also, start paying attention and don't derp around in the open to then whine when you get killed. It's a post-apocalyptic war zone. Not the Teletubbie Land.

• Like 2

While urban sniping I have sat on roofs observing for upwards of 3~ hours.

Haven't really done much bush sniping, maybe a session of about 45 Mins of observing an area constantly.

If I have a sniper i'm normally providing cover for a ground team or watching for targets as I move from location to location. If I have anything BUT a sniper, i'm running around any town like a chicken with it's head cut off.

As for Bush/Urban sniping, the only time i'll sit in a bush that's NOT overlooking a high traffic area(City/NW/NE) is when i'm observing a crashed helicopter that's outside/in a high traffic area.

For how long I spend in any area depends on how many targets appear and how long my team is in there cycling/gathering. Usually if it's a slow night, we'll spend about 30 minutes an hour observing, if we only get around 1-2 we'll move or hop servers.

Normally during the observation time i'll be listening to music while texting someone. Of course taking time to glance for targets every 10-20 seconds. As a side note, when i'm not texting, I look like my avatar.

In real life i'm, and as you guessed it, 19 in a low workload school environment and unemployed as i'm going to Fire Academy in August.

Pets: 1 dog(Lab)

Any other questions?

Edited by Synix