-MadTommy

Gear / weapon quandry? What would you take?

Ok i'm camped outside Cherno after starting a new life..after a raid on the town and the airfield i have a few decisions to make..

I have a tent and an Alice pack... and have a M9 SD with no ammo & a Makarov PM with ammo as side arm options.

For main weapon i have a AKM with 2 clips, a M16A2 with 2 clips and a CZ550 with 2 clips...

What would you keep and what would you bump. I have everything else i need for up north except a water bottle, (just couldn't find one).. so i'm off up north again.

What weapons would you take and would you bother with the tent? I'm playing alone, generally friendly.. but am very cautious as groups of bandits that are my main threat. I'd love to have a silenced pistol.. but ammo is a concern, i'd also like a scoped weapon too... just not enough room for everything.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Lots of food, water and head to north of map. then sweep east and west looking for others' loot and vehicles.

Cheers, i'm sorted for food and sodas & medical supplies.. i'll get a couple of water bottle once up north.. its the weaponry that has me foxed.. can't take it all and not sure what is best.

Forget the M16 for sure. Take the AKM if you're going to raid towns alone. The CZ is okay for sniper backup, but it has shit range. If you have room, keep the M9SD and try to find ammo at deer huts or military bases.

Thanks for the advice.. might dump the M16 & Makarov PM.. stash the CZ and tent in backpack and carry the empty M9 SD. Just have the AKM for self defence.

That should give me enough room for what I need and allow for me to store gear in a tent up north before I venture into dangerous hotspots.

MadTommy dont dump your guns, dump basic tools, one tent can hold 10 weapons/tools so ditch any tools in the tent and you can store 10 guns in there, it can also hold 50 generic items (bloodbag, ammo, tincans flares etc) and a few backpacks not sure which.

Do not store more than the absolutely necessary tools in the tent if you want to keep multiple weapons in it.

But i need to move my tent.. its in a temporary location near the coast that is far too vulnerable. Once I've moved north and found a permanent location for it i will be able to store multiple guns.. but i have to move it now.. so with 3 rifles, two pistols, medical supplies and food and water i simply don't have room for everything.

Hence my quandary... i simply cant move north with everything useful i have... not a bad situation to be in. :)

But i need to move my tent.. its in a temporary location near the coast that is far too vulnerable. Once I've moved north and found a permanent location for it i will be able to store multiple guns.. but i have to move it now.. so with 3 rifles' date=' two pistols, medical supplies and food and water i simply don't have room for everything.

Hence my quandary... i simply cant move north with everything useful i have... not a bad situation to be in. :)

[/quote']

Well you could PM me, I wouldnt have a problem moving north carrying some of your gear, as I have to regroup with my guild that seems to always be up there, I am around cherno too.. as for trustworthyness, Most of my friends call me the situation defuser.. haha....

Would just need to know what timezone your in, and if you have TeamSpeak or not....

Also I am carrying almost 4 pistols and a rifle on me right now, I know the feeling haha

I would keep the AK as the ammo seems to be a little more common.

If you have to choose between the M9 and the Makarov it comes down to ammo, I believe you can go to deer stands which sometimes spawn military and police zombies. Those zombies sometimes have magazines on them for the M9 and other military weapons as well as the deer stands themselves. The Makarov ammo is much much more common though but takes more shots to kill a zombie. Personally I would ditch both and find a 1911 or revolver. They are both one shot one kill weapons and the ammo isn't too hard to find especially compared to the M9.

I would keep the AK as the ammo seems to be a little more common.

If you have to choose between the M9 and the Makarov it comes down to ammo' date=' I believe you can go to deer stands which sometimes spawn military and police zombies. Those zombies sometimes have magazines on them for the M9 and other military weapons as well as the deer stands themselves. The Makarov ammo is much much more common though but takes more shots to kill a zombie. Personally I would ditch both and find a 1911 or revolver. They are both one shot one kill weapons and the ammo isn't too hard to find especially compared to the M9.

[/quote']

Yes - this ^. The AKM, I believe, is also a one hit kill (anywhere) - whereas the m16 is not.

I glitched in a tree and died instantly... thanks for the feedback... i'll be using the knowledge in my next life.