isoterik

BattleEye Script Detection

Any ideas how to make service like PBBans? I'm pretty sure that we all have a lot of banned GUIDs and I think we need to share it.

Thanks for this, I was actually just thinking about creating a better form of the scripts.txt file before finding this. Kudos to you, sir.

Thanks! I have implemented the script. However i have had an individual mention he keeps getting kicked by battleye. Is there any chance of a false positive or were they definetly running an illegal script?

after my last Q&A with $able he told me that the scripts.log will get a new feature to make it easier to look at the logs. when its implemented you can "tell the logs" what you dont want to get logged. but dunno how long it will take till this update is released with that feature. but anyway that will make it a lot better to sort out who is cheating and who not!

Any ideas how to make service like PBBans? I'm pretty sure that we all have a lot of banned GUIDs and I think we need to share it.

i only know two lists from tonic:

http://armafiles.info/dayzbans/bans.txt

http://armafiles.info/dayzbans/ban.txt

Edited by Isoterik

Thanks! I have implemented the script. However i have had an individual mention he keeps getting kicked by battleye. Is there any chance of a false positive or were they definetly running an illegal script?

Update: maybe disregard this comment for now as it seems the forums are getting flooded with similar battleye kick issues

Something with last nights Battleye server pushed upgrade and the larger script here was causing a lot of #12 and #25 kicks on both my servers. When I went back to an earlier version it cleared up. Now to find the culprit word in the scripts.txt causing it.....

Something with last nights Battleye server pushed upgrade and the larger script here was causing a lot of #12 and #25 kicks on both my servers. When I went back to an earlier version it cleared up. Now to find the culprit word in the scripts.txt causing it.....

Bump. Found it yet? Had the same issue, I originally thought #177 meant the 177th line of the file, but that's just some random vehicle.

It seems this file contain all the dayz-included vehicles/weapons so there will be many false-positives? And yes I believe the script restriction # is the line number of the scripts.txt file. I.e. 177 is ural which is included in dayz. Sorry if I'm wrong about this, just trying to make sure I understand it. Thanks for clarification.

It seems this file contain all the dayz-included vehicles/weapons so there will be many false-positives? And yes I believe the script restriction # is the line number of the scripts.txt file. I.e. 177 is ural which is included in dayz. Sorry if I'm wrong about this, just trying to make sure I understand it. Thanks for clarification.

The vehicles are spawned server side so I don't see a reason why somebody should use a vehicle spawn script client side, so I guess that is on purpose.

So just to make sure im not being an idiot...i am replacing the current scripts.txt, with this one right? or just adding to it?

So just to make sure im not being an idiot...i am replacing the current scripts.txt, with this one right? or just adding to it?

Yes, just replace it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Any confirmations that this scripts.txt is working ok without booting legit players? Thanks again for creating/posting this!

I also added some skin-related stuff and got players kicked who tried putting on a legit ghillie. Turns out the script for changing the skin when you put it on is clientside. Just a heads up.

Yes, just replace it.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Hopefully this will get stickied very soon and we can all add to it and increase our protection :P i just wish there was a way for it to go 'kick' first time and then if the same person comes back on and does it again, ban.

So I had some hackers on our server today using a heli, would this have prevented that?

Ok so about 5 minutes ago....everyone on my server got kicked with the reason Script #178, as i know alot of the users, and the server didnt go down at all, i was wondering if that meant that someone tried to spawn/script/cheat on my server but it kicked everyone cuz it wasn't sure?

everyone that got kicked (that i know) logged back in and are still playing now with no script #178 kicking them?

If this was infact the script working...them im pretty happy, but i can see some no-lifer just connecting and getting everyone kicked for the lulz. >.<

any info on this would be great,

Yanse

I also added some skin-related stuff and got players kicked who tried putting on a legit ghillie. Turns out the script for changing the skin when you put it on is clientside. Just a heads up.

skins are already in there ;)

5 addMagazineCargo ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ"

5 addMagazineCargo ["Skin_Survivor2_DZ"

5 addMagazineCargo ["Skin_Camo1_DZ"

5 addMagazineCargo ["Skin_Sniper1_DZ"

Thanks for the file, also helps me understand what I'm actually looking at. A bit.

Thanks for the file, also helps me understand what I'm actually looking at. A bit.

np, but as i said before, there is still much to improve! and when the battleeye scripts.log update is out (dunno when) it will be easier to look at the logs because now it logs many other things ;( what i am planing to add is, when ppl give them selfe directly stuff, but as i am not 100% sure that it works like i want it, i will not add it till it works.

Edited by Isoterik

Got this on my server but people are still spawning helicopters... Any ideas?

Got this on my server but people are still spawning helicopters... Any ideas?

You need to remember that these scripts only work if BattlEye is not bypassed. 90% of hackers use a bypass to prevent BattlEye from loading on their client, so the scripts they run are never cross-checked with the scripts.txt blacklist.

You need to remember that these scripts only work if BattlEye is not bypassed. 90% of hackers use a bypass to prevent BattlEye from loading on their client, so the scripts they run are never cross-checked with the scripts.txt blacklist.

is there a way to tell if somebody is bypassing battleye?

or a way to kick somebody for attempting to bypass?

is there a way to tell if somebody is bypassing battleye?

or a way to kick somebody for attempting to bypass?

The entire point of bypassing is to prevent you from realizing it :P.

The entire point of bypassing is to prevent you from realizing it :P.

correct. i was thinking there might be something in the logs between the time the user joins the server lobby and when the user actually connects to the game world.

another question for you Vaquxine:

can we use Battleye Extended Controls to help manage our DayZ servers? And will this work alongside RCON?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127978-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-Tool

correct. i was thinking there might be something in the logs between the time the user joins the server lobby and when the user actually connects to the game world.

another question for you Vaquxine:

can we use Battleye Extended Controls to help manage our DayZ servers? And will this work alongside RCON?

http://forums.bistud...quot-Admin-Tool

Yup, I personally love BEC, makes my life a lot easier and has some really nifty features.