Sign in to follow this  
Zipp2344

Joining server / launching issues.

Hi.

I've downloaded the game through Steam, got both the paid version of Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. I have gone to the Steam folders - Common - Operation Arrowhead and made @dayz and an addons folder with everything I need in there. I have downloaded the latest beta patch.

But - when I run the game through steam, - launch Combined Operations (with the launch settings changed to -mod=@dayz) and try to join a server, it says bad version server rejected. And when I try to join a server after launching the game through Worrom's Day Z Mod Updater v1.61 it says "You Cannot Play/Edit this mission; it is Dependent on Downloadable Content it has been deleted.chernarus "

What am I missing?

yes i am getting that same problem 2 bad server connection but it each one i got to play one but that was waste when battle eye kick me out

Either running a bad version of Day-Z (download the latest) and or not running newest ARMA 2 beta patch.

try copy your AddOns folder from ARMAII folder into your ARMAIIOA folder

Messing with the files is not recommended.

If it says Chernarus is missing then the ARMA2 original game is not detected/loaded properly.

Make sure the latest patches are installed, all the games have been run at least once through the Steam Launcher.

Launching DayZ over the Steam launcher is harder, just adding -mod=@dayz is not enough, because you also need to load the ARMA2 game.

You should be able to just launch using SIX Launcher: http://www.dayzmod.com/su.php