Sign in to follow this  
Bigjoe

Why is it so hard to find a nice group of friends to play with?

Everyone in this game so far that ive met have been stubborn people. Ive been searching for DayZ if not weeks to find a fun group of friends on a voip to mess around with. I'de liek to be a bandit if possible but after my countless ingame hours ive yet to find a group, and i keep dieing from them nasty ladders :/

Well you're not going to make many friends if you go around as a bandit. :D

Best way to play is to have a RL friend with you to start off with. As soon as you have a pair of survivors, other friendlies will be much more likely to tag along. (Beware, though. Bandits will also be more likely to tag along a few km's behind you. ;))

The best way to find people you could join would be to do that on the forums. In-game finding friends is almost a death wish, because nobody trusts anybody most of the time :)

Most people are very cautious of other survivors (and they should be!). The best way to find a group of people to play with is to find them out of the game. Drop me a PM and we can discuss you joining my group, we have a teamspeak and so far about 6 players active with more downloading/installing in the next few days.

It's going to be really hard to group with anyone as a bandit. Really the only way bandits are in groups is if they are friends.

Bandits live the solo life.

Add Btybourke on steam, Me and some friends have a pretty big group and its growing all the time. Just send me a message saying Moogle Flagen and ill pass you our teamspeak info :D

Sorry, like most of the other players of this game, I lone wolf it, much better that way. Every time I've had a tag along they freak out too easy, pop shots, then we have a dozen runners on our hands. Last few times I've told them I'm scouting ahead, sneak off into the treeline and then run until my lungs are about to explode.

Anyone use skype? I never really have used teamspeak before but now am figuring it is a must if I want to join a group. I have one friend I play with (too rarely) but have spent most of the time on my own. Been playing for over a week and have a good hold on the map and locations....somewhat...

anyway - I usually play during the week from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am EST....US. If anyone is interested in playing with me - lets do this.

BTW - I am not a bandit - but am jealous of their camo at times.

I'm not a big fan of groups. Especially ones that stay together for any period.

On occasion I'll find someone to team up with for a high risk looting mission and trade off watch/loot between us as we go thru the village/town... This is mainly for places dense with zed, And if the other guy gets hot the zombies will go after him i just take my loot and slip out the back leaving him to his fate.

Yes this may sound cold, But DayZ is about post apocalyptic survival. You have to way your options and survive. Trying to save Johnny No-Brains who poped off his pistol with 20+ zed around when i just acquired a rare weapon is a no-win for me.