Cavan

Snipers are actually piñatas.

A lot of people complain about getting sniped, which is fair enough.

However a lot of people seem to forget that snipers themselves are actually the greatest source of gear to new players, take the time to learn the common sniping spots and hunt them, my brothers.

Here are a few reasons why the average sniper is actually the greatest loot spawn possible:

1. They usually have low awareness of their surroundings.

2. They often have a burning desire to never move.

Point 2 is compounded by the fact that they already have everything, and are thus not going to take the time to loot the players they are sniping.

This also makes them wonderful to headshot with low tier weapons that would not normally be good in a firefight.

3. They flock to commonly known locations that give the best vantage points.

4. Their weapon of choice is super loud, however they often have very useful backup weapons in their bags which you can enjoy using.

5. They make sure they have lots of food,drink and ammo available so that they can continue sniping for as long as they want.

So next time you hear a sniper, don't run in fear, just remember that he is an all expenses paid buffet with your name on. Utilize this plentiful bounty that has been placed before you.

In essence - yes. In practice - no. I guarantee you the 3rd person-scanning bush wookies will see you before you see them.

The only place I have found this is not the case is generally Stary, it just has too many sniping locations for you to not be vulnerable and visible while hunting. Every other location it is generally more effective to try and weed out the snipers than it is to loot the area.

When I go to stary I generally stay quite some ways in the forest looking for snipers moving in to position, if you are patient being up near-ish the two deer stands is usually a good places to see sniper movement from.

Cherno additionally has the advantage of being very easy to counter snipe the snipers from the hillside while they play around on the rooftops of various buildings, only problem is then looting your rewards.

as50 isnt loud.

It really is pretty loud, not the loudest, but still very loud.

The m107 does sound like some sort of car crash though.

As a successful sniper, I can tell you for a fact that a good sniper will never be somewhere everyone else will think to look. Half the fun of good sniping is making the most off the wall, last place to be expected nest work to your advantage.

Yeah and if you had a sniper yourself and you knew where the sniper was you could take them out 10x easier at much less risk.

Fact of the matter is the longer effective range your weapon has, the better it is. This is why something like a lee enfield, which is a common low tier weapon, is so much better than, say, the ak74 or the non-silenced carbines. Less risk=better in Day z.

Yeah and if you had a sniper yourself and you knew where the sniper was you could take them out 10x easier at much less risk.

Fact of the matter is the longer effective range your weapon has' date=' the better it is. This is why something like a lee enfield, which is a common low tier weapon, is so much better than, say, the ak74 or the non-silenced carbines. Less risk=better in Day z.

[/quote']

Hunting snipers does not preclude using other sniper rifles.

that made no sense in reply to the post you quoted. i'm explaining to you that people complain about sniper rifles because they have the longest range and there is absolutely no reason to use other weapon types if you can get a sniper rifle except silenced ones for zombie killing

weapon tiers in this game:

1200m range sniper rifles=silenced primary weapons

800m range sniper rifles

400-500m range assault rifles

everything else is garbage

that made no sense in reply to the post you quoted. i'm explaining to you that people complain about sniper rifles because they have the longest range and there is absolutely no reason to use other weapon types if you can get a sniper rifle except silenced ones for zombie killing

weapon tiers in this game:

1200m range sniper rifles=silenced primary weapons

800m range sniper rifles

400-500m range assault rifles

everything else is garbage

I'm going to guess that my response made no sense to you probably because your original one was based off of some weird assumption you originally made that I was disputing or contradicting anything you said in your post in my OP. Or that this applies to me personally.

I do not need to be educated in how spawns or weapon tiers work (note, there's a reason almost everything you define as garbage in your cute little tier list is a secondary weapon, the only exceptions I can think of are the unsilenced mp5 and basic shotgun and winchester), I made this thread just as a funny little morale booster for people to look at snipers differently, I personally have no problem with them.

actually no, there are 3-4 assault rifles with below 400m range, every smg is below 400m range, double barreled and winchester are below 400m range, etc.

theres basically about 5 viable weapons that aren't sniper rifles

Lee Enfield = Counter Sniper in Chenro.

Its what I do sometimes. Ill get bored, toss my gear in a tent, respawn myself, go to Chenro, mop up some bad bandits in Chenro or Eletro, get their loot, run up north with lots of cool equipment.

actually no' date=' there are 3-4 assault rifles with below 400m range, every smg is below 400m range, double barreled and winchester are below 400m range, etc.

theres basically about 5 viable weapons that aren't sniper rifles

[/quote']

This is why I originally said 'almost', I anticipated this response and did edit it before reading this. You do seem to take things very abruptly, which is a little sad.

I'm also not sure why you've derailed my happy little thread to prove some strange points of your own. It is partially my fault and for that I am deeply sorry, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I am going to stop replying to you to make more room for happy thoughts about hunting snipers for easy gear.

I wish you endless happiness and success in all your ventures, good sir.

Lee Enfield = Counter Sniper in Chenro.

Its what I do sometimes. Ill get bored' date=' toss my gear in a tent, respawn myself, go to Chenro, mop up some bad bandits in Chenro or Eletro, get their loot, run up north with lots of cool equipment.

[/quote']

I like you, you're doing it right. I will have to find some sort of reward if you are good enough to hatchet ambush any snipers with proof :p.

@ Cavan - I am shit with melee weapons, I won't lie. I know a few people though who use tin cans and hatches and carve people up. Scary stuff.

Not my cup of tea.

@ Cavan - I am shit with melee weapons' date=' I won't lie. I know a few people though who use tin cans and hatches and carve people up. Scary stuff.

Not my cup of tea.

[/quote']

Yeah i've had that same problem, I managed to almost lose a hatchet duel to a guy with broken legs at one point :/

yep you saying that countering snipers is easy is not related to the fact that sniper rifles are overpowered in day z nice one captain thesaurus

yep you saying that countering snipers is easy is not related to the fact that sniper rifles are overpowered in day z nice one captain thesaurus

I know I said I wouldn't , but I can't resist you, my sweet cupcake.

Again you play around with your own points (what we in the 'industry' call a straw man), I said the gear was easy (because it is, being all in one place, quite often in common locations) and made no reference at all in any post to the relative power levels of anything being related to anything else.

The only qualification I will be associated with is a fruity little comment about their noise levels which are a touch towards the sky, if I may say so.

What you are doing is a most vivacious display of dissociative reading efficacy and one is rather perturbed to find you here on the forums instead of frolicking amongst the wild flowers putting your most encyclopaedic knowledge of weapons to merry use.

I should hope that my daringly mangled English has put a cur such as yourself in your rightful place, that will be £20 for the service (Including VAT, naturally, I'm no monstrosity). If you'd like to be put anywhere else, that's extra.

Fact of the matter is the longer effective range your weapon has' date=' the better it is. This is why something like a lee enfield, which is a common low tier weapon, is so much better than, say, the ak74 or the non-silenced carbines. Less risk=better in Day z.

[/quote']

so if i had a gun that had an effective range of over 3 km but took 50000000 shots just to kill a zed, was a muzzle loader, no scope, aggro of 50 clicks, and whenever you fire it you automatically die. that is the weapon i want according to your logic of, it is all about the effective range. it isnt, it is about the person behind the weapon.

[/quote']

so if i had a gun that had an effective range of over 3 km but took 50000000 shots just to kill a zed, was a muzzle loader, no scope, aggro of 50 clicks, and whenever you fire it you automatically die. that is the weapon i want according to your logic of, it is all about the effective range. it isnt, it is about the person behind the weapon.

Nope. That sounds like my favorite kind of weapon. As long as it looked cool, I'd hand it to my less well versed friends and say, "Here, try shooting that hay bale over there...while I take our only car and go THAT way. Have fun!"

Also, as to the OP, BRILLIANT! I always had this thought in the back of my mind, but now that's my goal for my next life!\

PS- My first impression of your title:

"I'll have what he's smoking."

I know I said I wouldn't ' date=' but I can't resist you, my sweet cupcake.

Again you play around with your own points (what we in the 'industry' call a straw man), I said the gear was easy (because it is, being all in one place, quite often in common locations) and made no reference at all in any post to the relative power levels of anything being related to anything else.

The only qualification I will be associated with is a fruity little comment about their noise levels which are a touch towards the sky, if I may say so.

What you are doing is a most vivacious display of dissociative reading efficacy and one is rather perturbed to find you here on the forums instead of frolicking amongst the wild flowers putting your most encyclopaedic knowledge of weapons to merry use.

I should hope that my daringly mangled English has put a cur such as yourself in your rightful place, that will be £20 for the service (Including VAT, naturally, I'm no monstrosity). If you'd like to be put anywhere else, that's extra.

[/quote']

10/10. How can he counter argue you if he doesn't have a clue what you just said?

In essence - yes. In practice - no. I guarantee you the 3rd person-scanning bush wookies will see you before you see them.

Then play on a veteran server...

Oh and another tip for those dying to snipers and wondering why:

DON'T FUCKING RUN AROUND OUT IN THE OPEN WITH NO COVER!

10/10. How can he counter argue you if he doesn't have a clue what you just said?

*bows*

To be fair, most of the time he has been arguing against himself.

Fixed: Only bad Snipers are actually piñatas.

Why?

1. Good snipers regularly check their surroundings or have a spotter with them

2. Good snipers change their position from time to time

3. Good snipers often go into a position from where they can cover their team mates and give overwatch