Sign in to follow this  
billywink

I don't understand the bags

So I click open bag and nothing seems to happen; I don't see any new slots or anything. But it says my bad is 8/8.. but I don't even have 8 items in my inventory to fill an 8 slot bag?

When you are not looking in any loot the open bag just gives you the option to put items in and take items out of the bag, when you are looking at loot you will see the space itself and put items straight into it. With some experience you will get used to the way it works

It's very simple.

To browse in your backpack, there are 2 different ways to do so:

1. While finding stuff on the ground, use your scroll wheel and select 'Gear'.

Once your inventory is open, double click on your backpack (Right half of the menu) and it will open it and display new slots where you can put stuff in by moving them to the right (left half of the menu).

2. While nothing is around, press G to open your inventory.

Now if you double click on your backpack, nothing will happen. (You think). However, right now above the list of items you have you will see the name of your backpack, and some numbers. In your case: 8/8

This means the backpack has 8 free slots, and a total of 8 slots.

If you had 1 item in it, it would say: 7/8 (7 slots left out of 8 total.)

To move stuff from your main inventory to your backpack while nothing is around you, open your inventory like on option 2, double click on your backpack, then move everything you wish to transfer to the right as if you want to drop it. While having your packpack open, you won't actually drop it but you put it in your backpack. To confirm this really works, the text above the list of items should change: #/8

Good luck!

OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU GUYS! I finally get it! Wow that helps so much I was collecting some good stuff (i died so lost it all) but would end up having to drop a lot lol

There is a whole series of videos on inventory and bag management on the DayZ GuideZ channel as well.

There is a whole series of videos on inventory and bag management on the DayZ GuideZ channel as well.

Yup beat me to it. See link above.