DrMurdoc

Hey Just Started, And Is This Normal

Hey, I just spawned to zombies running at me, 5 steps into my journey, and this is a regular server and it is night time, I am crouch running. I then died and went to try crouch walking and the same thing, zombies that I did not even see came running at me, I got to an apartment building and killed them but they kept on coming, I got 44 zed kills, on a server with 32 zeds alive. NIGHT TIME BTW, so I don't know if it is normal to just attract everything without moving, and spawning them faster than I can kill them.

I don't know how people do it, this game is either kinda stupid in that manner or a bug, but I seem not to be able to avoid zombies. Also, why do you start with one bandage when every hit makes you bleed........ Not to hate because this game is in alpha, but if you can not defend yourself right out of the gate, and can barley survive, and can not DC to survive, it is a bit much, BTW I am an arma vet so I know how to play.

Sorry for rant but zombie system seems poorly made -_-

PS. Don't say you can evade them, because to get rid of them in a building, because you need to run a bit after so they don't agro you after they get out....... so you agro more zombies.

Definitely down to the line of sight mechanics just introduced. Hate to be that guy, but it is in alpha and the new mechanics do need to be tested.

Although, saying this I've got had a problem with zeds aggroing on me when it is uncalled for.

Well, you wont want to hear this but...I have so far had to restart 3 times with the current loadout of no weapon and 1 bandage and I have survived every time.

You just have to be careful and take your time. 2 of the times I was attacked by zombies and was able to escape with out any weapon

Well' date=' you wont want to hear this but...I have so far had to restart 3 times with the current loadout of no weapon and 1 bandage and I have survived every time.

You just have to be careful and take your time. 2 of the times I was attacked by zombies and was able to escape with out any weapon

[/quote']

I understand but when I spawn, I get on my stomach now, and Zeds from every witch direction. so careful is not a problem it seems like. (I did not even move)

Believe it or not but this is the fun part of the game (okay, one of them) and it takes time to master this. The game is not convenient, it does not bow down and tries to pamper the player, it is hardcore and the player has to adapt. And this is what makes this game so great.

Yesterday i tried to loot someone killed by zombies with a z standing right over him. it took me 10 mins to get there but i was able to open the backpack with the zombie 1 meter in front of me.

You will need time, patience and experience. And the game will reward you if you master the highest learning curve i have found in a game since the early 90s.

I can't say I have ever experienced this. Have tried different servers and checked to see if this is the way it is for you all the time or is it just a string of bad luck?

Also, not every hit makes you bleed. I have been hit many times and haven't had to bandage. I have also watched quite a few streams and have seen people get hit multiple times without bleeding.

I would guess that you just need a bit more experience with the game to get things down.

I have gotten to the point where I can crouch run into villages/cities and continue to crouch run 20 or so meters away from zombies and not have an issue.