adamtheheretic

Suggestions: Rare Items, Customisation and an Immersive HUD.

Okay, so I have a few suggestions for how to improve Day Z which is obviously all my opinion but hopefully some of these idea's will gain support.

[Rare Items]

So, in my opinion the mod in it's current state is abundant with everything people need to survive. I've already told the story of how I gave myself a challenge dropping everything at my new spawn and coming across a Czech backpack, a hatchet and revolver and filling my bag with medical supplies within 10 minutes being the least stealthy I could be but still getting past zombies with ease. I think I ended up with 13 zombie kills throughout that time before ending up near the North West Airfield to help my friend with morphine.

[Weaponry]

So my proposal here is to severely reduce the amount of weapons found in the game, and I mean drastically. This would have to be done on a large update when everything is wiped so those playing beforehand don't get a huge advantage but essentially running across a Makarov would have the same chance of spawning as the current highest tier military gear and from there on the chances of better equipment getting even less likely.

Through this I think that less groups would be equipped like a small army and having one player equipped with a pistol would be a huge threat in a group of five or ten people. This meaning more chances for bandits to catch prey unaware and a chance for survivors to have a decent chance against a group.

[Tools]

I think tools should have less chance to spawn, at the moment there are far too many hatchets and hunting knives lying around, matches and tool boxes have a decent spawn rate in my opinion... And I think this is where we should have a more realistic setting, I dislike posts about gaining "skills" but I think a class system would work with people only being able to carry a certain amount of tools. This would mean they can obviously pick them up and swap between them in their packs, tents or vehicles but not hold all the tools at once.

This may shift into those taking less pronounced roles, so maybe everyone will carry a hatchet, hunting knife and matches to feed themselves but then one person may also carry a toolbox to fix up cars or remove traps whilst one may carry a map and compass to orienteer the group effectively.

[Other]

So I think food and water are too easy to find, I like the "Make DayZ a Living Hell" idea here, starvation and dehydration if you don't find food and water when they become more sparse, less medical items laying around whilst more realistic medical items should be implemented.

So' date=' overall for my "rare items" idea, this would result in nobody really having ranged weapons, hopefully there would also be a more diverse selection of melee weapons but still a cut down on the amount so that players would have a slight chance against zombies but then also less tools, food, water and such laying around. Basically not enough for the whole server so somebody is getting punished.

Also there would be a knock down effect so items would become increasingly rare as they do now but obviously with the starting values being much less likely.[/quote']

[Customisation]

So, first I want to say I completely support the "Player Identification and Classification System" idea and think that it could be implemented before my idea of customisation and would still be helpful during.

[skins]

So, I know that the current Day Z skins are Operation Arrowhead skins, as the original ArmA 2 skins don't support the backpacks, I think they could be updated but I honestly don't know if they could or not, this would at least diversify the skins and you would choose it like you choose your face, glasses and voice currently or on spawn.

However, my full idea is to separate the skins into different body parts, the obvious choices would be head, torso and lower body. This would make for many different combinations as well as the current system with different faces and glasses. Obviously these would be purely aesthetic and wouldn't give a player an advantage over another player.

[in-Game Clothing]

However I believe there should be more in game clothing found, but also separating but just into headgear and then torso and lower body being one. So a Ghillie suit would comprise of the body and head pieces. This would also swap things like Nightvision to be viewable even when they're being used (pushed onto forehead) and would be especially useful if the "Make DayZ a Living Hell" ideas were implemented, with the ability to get gas masks, scarves and such and obviously make them lootable.

Customisation is a big part of this game as it gives groups a way to quickly identify one another but it isn't implemented and we have to degrade ourselves to some random task whilst asking "Is that you? Are you *action*ing near *location*" and also allows you to recognize those bandits you witnessed murder someone in a town or that previously robbed you' date=' or let's you memorize that person you robbed. It would end up as a way to see what special gear someone has, maybe a ghillie, bulletproof vest or gas mask that you might need more than they do.

This is an idea that I think many people have had because they themselves don't feel different from everyone else in the world, and are sick of memorizing their teams weaponry to identify them from range.[/quote']

[immersive HUD]

Okay so currently, the HUD system is kind of boring and although not overly intrusive I don't think it needs to constantly be on screen. Although this idea may just be better implemented into Veteran servers to ensure new players learn about the HUD before it's taken away and scares the life out of them.

Journal

So my proposal here is that we use an option that is not currently used to it's full potential. I press J in game and get no real information whilst it should be my journal, although it's not "realistic" I propose the Temperature gauge, Blood, Food and Drink meters are placed in here, as well as the stats of "zombies killed, headshots, etc." so that you must check this for your stats or your current condition that you cannot gauge yourself, only giving information through immersive features that have already been attempted. Such as broken legs (the sound and inability to walk is pretty obvious), shock, pain or being cold have already done. The lack of blood is a lack of colour on screen, something else could be done such as blurred vision and a "slumped" character model. For things like food or water, hunger could be a "rumbling" stomach near the "half way point" to death essentially, getting louder and louder with other players only being able to hear it when you're near starvation. I can only think of blurred vision for thirst, but that should be very near dehydration. If a "waste" system was implemented, the colour of the urination could also tell you if you're thirsty or not but I'm not a very big fan of a waste system anyhow.

The sound and visibility meters would remain on screen as they are, maybe moved to the bottom right? But completely removing them on Veteran servers? This would obviously be a choice made by the host, like with Crosshairs and Third Person View.

Here is a post about a "Journal System", I like some of the idea's on it and I found it after I posted my Immersive HUD idea, it contains some similar idea's and I endorse that thread mostly.

Overall' date=' I think this would benefit those playing for immersion and those that don't really like the current HUD, also I've heard rocket say he would prefer small details to inform players of their status. I'm completely in agreement with him but I think having no way to check your current state at any time wouldn't benefit anyone. So this is my idea on a HUD that I think is fitting for Day Z.[/quote']

I will most likely edit this post with other ideas, this means I may change the layout of the ideas, change information or add specific sections such as in-depth features.

• Like 5

There are some pretty good ideas here. I agree that the military gear is too common. I think the items such as AWS, holo, M4SD, AS-50, should be very very limited. NVG's GPS too. It's hard to believe that a world without electricity still has fresh batteries for NVG's and GPS satellites still functioning. I know people that have/had 3 or 4 of each of those guns.

Finding one of those rare guns should be such a small chance that most people will never see them. I know these ideas will not be popular, get ready for a flame fest OP.

I think the duping has hurt the most, people posting on reddit with dozens of rare guns, 30+ ghillies, etc. My group found a tent with over 30 NVG's. Obviously duped.

I actually want LESS of a hud.

I hope if this game gets to Beta they will take away the debug monitor

• Like 1

I agree with the OP on weapons. However I believe that the variety of weapons should be increased, whilst the availability should be reduced. That way there would be a plethora of different ammunition types and little chance of finding the ammo you need for any weapons you have.

Weapon and player customization I believe will have to be held off until this gets ported to ARMA III, if it gets ported, however I do believe rocket should add more skins. He should move the camo clothing and ghillie suits and any other uniforms he possibly adds to military spawns only. While adding civilian, rebel, and guerrilla skins to the residential. Yea I know civilians can go buy ghillie suits but seeing its tactical value it makes more sense as a military drop.

Rare Items Section

For Weapons suggestion

I believe this will come naturally as in the beginning the only weapon available was guns.

But now that they are able to jury rig up melee weapons, after they fix zombie's pathing/bleeding on first hit/ broken bone on first hit then they could move forward on moving toward making guns actually rare rather then the abundance it is now.

For Tools suggestion

I believe some tools should take no space, and some should take more slots

I.E

A watch goes on your wrist, doubt that would take a slot on your person.

Compass,Flashlight,GPS, Hunting Knife,Map, and Matches would take one slot.

While Entrenching Tool, Axe and Toolbox obviously take more.

An example number could be 6 max slots, while the 3 last tools taking 2 slots each, you can not hold everything, unless you skip one of the more useful items.

However in the future there may be a melee slot added, so axe wouldn't have to be held in the tool slot, but rather on your back or side or of the such.

For your "Other" suggestion

I believe alone this would be a good suggestion, but instead of making surviving harder, i say make the surroundings harder.

I.E

The more people that are online on a server, the more zombies that spawn per person in said area then if there was less people online.

So you spawning 10 zombies in an area now, would turn into an upward of say 30 if enough players are on said server.

This with an altered version of your idea, as in indeed making food and water rarer, but being able to last longer without food or water.

Or one or the other alone is fine, but there may be a combination of the two that can make a greater effect.

Customization Section

I can't say much on as I have not yet wandered in that area, or rather more pressing issues, but nearing the end it will surely be noted more strongly.

Immersive HUD Section

I believe personally as using your diary to keep track of a few of the current statistics already on the debug monitor, but not all, perhaps 2-3 to keep in memory while not keeping track of others, but you get to choose which ones.

As for the rest of status effects, I believe opening the diary should be your character writing a statement that contain different variables.

I.E

It is currently dawn/day/dusk/night, body temperature lowering/(say nothing if normal) and I have lost a bit of/decent amount/large amount of blood./(say nothing if minimal blood loss)

Had a meal recently/Still have not found any food yet/I have searched but have not found anything yet and/but found a drink recently./still searching for a drink./haven't found a drink either.

For sound and sight being shown, there isn't really a need to show it as its based on your character's stance as well as speed, and ground texture to figure it out, but should be like you said up to the server host to disable or enable.

There are some pretty good ideas here. I agree that the military gear is too common. I think the items such as AWS' date=' holo, M4SD, AS-50, should be very very limited. NVG's GPS too. It's hard to believe that a world without electricity still has fresh batteries for NVG's and GPS satellites still functioning. I know people that have/had 3 or 4 of each of those guns.

Finding one of those rare guns should be such a small chance that most people will never see them. I know these ideas will not be popular, get ready for a flame fest OP.

I think the duping has hurt the most, people posting on reddit with dozens of rare guns, 30+ ghillies, etc. My group found a tent with over 30 NVG's. Obviously duped.

[/quote']

My idea calls for all weapons to be in short supply, military grade weapons being exceedingly evasive to all players but making them all the sweeter when you finally get a hold of one. In essence, the more advanced technology, the less common it should be especially if it's in working condition.

I actually want LESS of a hud.

I hope if this game gets to Beta they will take away the debug monitor

My HUD idea calls for less of an obvious HUD' date=' it only being available through the journal option... An immersive HUD being introduced would mean you didn't need the journal to know your current condition but being an option for specific data.

Thanks for the support, I think? Because it sounds like we want the same thing.[/color']

I agree with the OP on weapons. However I believe that the variety of weapons should be increased' date=' whilst the availability should be reduced. That way there would be a plethora of different ammunition types and little chance of finding the ammo you need for any weapons you have.

Weapon and player customization I believe will have to be held off until this gets ported to ARMA III, if it gets ported, however I do believe rocket should add more skins. He should move the camo clothing and ghillie suits and any other uniforms he possibly adds to military spawns only. While adding civilian, rebel, and guerrilla skins to the residential. Yea I know civilians can go buy ghillie suits but seeing its tactical value it makes more sense as a military drop.

[/quote']

I'm completely for the variety of weapons to be increased, I show specific support for the Weapon Russianization idea, this would be slightly more realistic. I really like the idea of adding more weapons meaning more ammunition types, less ammo would mean conservation and meaningful shots. Could solve Kill on Sight issues, which wasn't a specific goal of weapons but would be a nice coincidence in my opinion.

I think you're right on the customisation, hopefully it will be implemented in Arma III but for now varying skins would be fine. I would just like to see the "Player Identification and Classification System" implemented because I think it's possible in the current engine and is a good place holder. As well as being useful even with varying skins.

The rarer you make the weapons the worse the camping for them becomes. Right now many items have a less than .3% chance to spawn. How much lower do you want to go? Some of those items only spawn in a handful of places as is.

Okay, so... Not quoting you Spectre as the post is far too much information to post again and go through but this'll be systematic to your post as yours was to mine originally.

Tools: Thank's for the input, I really like the different amounts of slots idea as it works with the current Arma equipment system quite nicely and would obviously diversify the roles in groups if implemented well/accepted by the community.

Immersive HUD: I thought of a similar idea at first to make it realistic, however the way it works now the screen just pops up and seems more game mechanic-esque than minecraft map gimmick-esque. Honestly I'm fine with either of these as I really just want less of an obvious HUD all the time.

However for the visibility/sound I only suggested that for those new to the game as honestly, I'm only just coming fully to terms with it now but I still check it occasionally... this is more when I'm not wearing my headset or in third person to be completely honest.

The rarer you make the weapons the worse the camping for them becomes. Right now many items have a less than .3% chance to spawn. How much lower do you want to go? Some of those items only spawn in a handful of places as is.

I suggest making the really default weapons like Makarovs' date=' Revolvers and M1911 have less than a 1% chance to spawn, and I don't have any specific figures but you can gauge the levels of spawn other weapons would have. With your first rifles being as rare as Night Vision Goggle's currently.

You have to realise that with a 0.3% chance of spawning, 15 people on a 50 person server could have that gun the only thing stopping them is the fact someone else may have taken it from a loot pile they stumble upon. Say we're talking about military loot here, I counted 45 military loot spawn locations (excluding deer stands) and some of the have multiple loot piles in... The things you think "rare" in the game generally aren't.

The main problem I encountered with this idea was server hopping rather than weapon camping... The only way I can think to stop this is to have players that connect and disconnect quickly from servers to be warned that they will die or get a temporary ban but that's a completely different issue...

[/color']

So you want a game where noone has guns basically. I understand wanting to make this game extremely hard but considering I've been playing pretty much since it came out and I have never found NVG's, GPS, or any of the rare guns, I think the spawn rate of guns is basically fine. I haven't had a problem with any of the changes so far, but making guns basically never spawn, with a melee system that is okay at best is a horrible idea, while at the same time lowering food and water availability? Your essentially headed in the direction of making the game unplayable.

So you want a game where noone has guns basically. I understand wanting to make this game extremely hard but considering I've been playing pretty much since it came out and I have never found NVG's' date=' GPS, or any of the rare guns, I think the spawn rate of guns is basically fine. I haven't had a problem with any of the changes so far, but making guns basically never spawn, with a melee system that is okay at best is a horrible idea, while at the same time lowering food and water availability? Your essentially headed in the direction of making the game unplayable.

[/quote']

I don't think so... If you've read the "Make DayZ a Living Hell" then yes, I want the game to be much more challenging but I don't think difficulty makes the game unplayable. I've played for three weeks, I've had pretty much every weapon, multiple NVG's and a Ghillie suit once. The only things I've never had are vehicles and my group have had multiple and some have played less than me. Honestly, I don't like the idea of having a full fledged melee system because even of right now the hatchet is overpowered and the only problem with melee combat is the potential of getting an insta-leg break and having no one around.

And if not do this at the end of Alpha/beginning of Beta then when else can it be tested to see if this is a valid option for Day Z?

I know that argument could be made for a lot of idea's, including stupid ones but I think this a long with a few other game changing mods could make the game a lot more fun.

Most of the suggestions here might be possible in Arma3 but arma 2 barely allows any customization and requires new models for skins and guns. For example, an ak witha scope is a completely different model than an AK without a scope. I know Arma 3 is fixing this by adding "addons" to weapons and with that in mind it could also mean that customizable appearances might be there as well. These 2 things alone would make the game better by giving players more choices. This is a game if choices. The more choices the better.

A big thing to take away from most of these "make the game harder" suggestions is decrease in military loot.

I mean for f***s sake, everyone and their mother seems to have a DMR or at least a good assault weapon. MAYBE I could believe that a lot of people have Klashnikovs (This is ex-Soviet after all), but there should NOT be NATO weapons lying all over the place. Furthermore, there should not be enough where you have entire squads of people rolling around with Military snipers and M4s with ACOG sights.

Tone it the f*** down. Take them away from Deer Stands. Stary Sobor should have Klasnikovs and maybe a sniper or two. The ONLY area to get high-grade military loot should be the Barracks at the NWAF. And even then, it should be pretty damn hard to get ahold of something like a 50-cal sniper rifle.

I also support the removal of GPS, and cutting down on NVGs even further.

+1 with OP;

Military grade respawn should Be Reduced a lot;

I miss more civilian clothing to choose from at the start face models (bearded models please);

tools respawn is ok to me;

NVG Should Be very very rare (i said rare?) As well as top tier military grade weapons (silenced, aimpoint and .50);

Starvation and thirst timer shoul be longer to "zero", to counter it canned food and "pepsi" should be rare too. Meat should dacay, but with option to smoke it to prevent to it go bad.

A big thing to take away from most of these "make the game harder" suggestions is decrease in military loot.

I mean for f***s sake' date=' everyone and their mother seems to have a DMR or at least a good assault weapon. MAYBE I could believe that a lot of people have Klashnikovs (This is ex-Soviet after all), but there should NOT be NATO weapons lying all over the place. Furthermore, there should not be enough where you have entire squads of people rolling around with Military snipers and M4s with ACOG sights.

Tone it the f*** down. Take them away from Deer Stands. Stary Sobor should have Klasnikovs and maybe a sniper or two. The ONLY area to get high-grade military loot should be the Barracks at the NWAF. And even then, it should be pretty damn hard to get ahold of something like a 50-cal sniper rifle.

I also support the removal of GPS, and cutting down on NVGs even further.

[/quote']

+1 with OP;

Military grade respawn should Be Reduced a lot;

I miss more civilian clothing to choose from at the start face models (bearded models please);

tools respawn is ok to me;

NVG Should Be very very rare (i said rare?) As well as top tier military grade weapons (silenced' date=' aimpoint and .50);

Starvation and thirst timer shoul be longer to "zero", to counter it canned food and "pepsi" should be rare too. Meat should dacay, but with option to smoke it to prevent to it go bad.

[/quote']

Okay, so these posts seem to outline having military grade equipment more rare, which is obviously a by-product of my suggestion however my main suggestion for loot is making everything more rare so even basic weaponry is hard to find. I like the Meat decaying idea too but I think the various types of meat need to be distinguished first because you could eat raw beef without any chance of being sick whilst this is very unlikely with chicken. Currently in game they all just produce meat.

For the weapons, once hatchets work as intended, I hope this is implemented. Weapons are too common, as well as the ammunition.

I don't mind the hud being always visible. You should know you are hungry/thirsty/cold/light-headed without having to check a journal. That being said, maybe the notifications can be moved from being icons. Already, blood loss is obvious without the icons, as well as pain and a broken leg. What could be done to imply thirst and hunger?

There are some really good ideas here.

Weapons should definitely be more rare. Especially firearms. Let people have melee weapons to defend themselves against zombies or else, looting will be too fucking hard. Having to respawn constantly and to start over again and again kills all the fun in this game. I don't mind dying, but if 90% of the game will be starting over, then there's really no point in playing this game anymore.

So let us have axes, crowbars, sticks and a machete :D

But not being able to pick up firearms everywhere you go, would force players to work together. You'd have to find a group of survivors and ask them if you can tag along. Someone might have matches, or a pistol. Or some bandages. This would drastically decrease banditry, because shooting on sight would just put you in a position where you'd be helpless in no time. Without explicitly punishing banditry.

There'd also be some nice tension within the group. The guy with the pistol would have to constantly watch his back.

This would also incentivize "class" play. If you want your group not to abandon you, you'd have to be of some value. Maybe you're the only one being able to hunt animals, because you have a hunting knive. (can't gut animals with a crowbar).

Since items would be much more rare, you'd actively have to loot cities and wander around the map, increasing the chance of meeting other groups of survivors.

Just thinking about this, excites me :D

One could argue about the rareness of items. I don't want to see a constant battle over ressources. If you're in a group, I wouldn't want there to be a constant tension. You should be able to survive in a group and not have to kill your friends, because there is not enough food. But it shouldn't be too easy either. Finding the right balance could be the hardest part in this.

Also, I'm not so fond of all the high grade military gear. Pistols are weak and innacurate, but that's what would make firefights so much more fun. Right now, you're dead before you even realize it, most of the time, because of the sniper rifles, that one-shot over half a kilometer. Do we really need all these weapons? I'd rather see a fight (if there really has to be) between two groups, where only a few of the people actually have weapons, and the weapons being makarovs and winchesters ^^ THAT would be fun.

Some good ideas over here.

Kinda in a hurry, so quick thought from me: why not limit the military spawn and high-grade weapons to the heli crash sites ?

These crash sites are rare, spawn in a random place (or should, at least). Therefore these will encourage people to actually venture into the wilderness to explore, rather than just rushing Stary Sobor or the NWA because everyone know the good stuff is there.

Ok, the best would be procedural-generated maps. No more NWA: there would be ONE airfield on the map, but never on the same place. Changing at each server reboot. That would be sweet. Imagine the thrill of finding it or the first time -again-.

Actually, i love those ideas :)

Thank you.

For the weapons, once hatchets work as intended, I hope this is implemented. Weapons are too common, as well as the ammunition.

I don't mind the hud being always visible. You should know you are hungry/thirsty/cold/light-headed without having to check a journal. That being said, maybe the notifications can be moved from being icons. Already, blood loss is obvious without the icons, as well as pain and a broken leg. What could be done to imply thirst and hunger?

Yeah, I'm in agreement here, melee weapons would be a godsend if the zombies weren't currently pathed so strangely and didn't have the insane speed advantage...

Honestly, my idea's for the HUD were to have those things the current HUD tells you told in a more personable way. For hunger I said a stomach rumbling, no other players could hear this until you're next to starvation (current flashing red food icon), with water I think your vision should occasionally blur and maybe unable to run when you're near dehydration.

There are some really good ideas here.

Weapons should definitely be more rare. Especially firearms. Let people have melee weapons to defend themselves against zombies or else, looting will be too fucking hard. Having to respawn constantly and to start over again and again kills all the fun in this game. I don't mind dying, but if 90% of the game will be starting over, then there's really no point in playing this game anymore.

So let us have axes, crowbars, sticks and a machete :D

But not being able to pick up firearms everywhere you go, would force players to work together. You'd have to find a group of survivors and ask them if you can tag along. Someone might have matches, or a pistol. Or some bandages. This would drastically decrease banditry, because shooting on sight would just put you in a position where you'd be helpless in no time. Without explicitly punishing banditry.

There'd also be some nice tension within the group. The guy with the pistol would have to constantly watch his back.

This would also incentivize "class" play. If you want your group not to abandon you, you'd have to be of some value. Maybe you're the only one being able to hunt animals, because you have a hunting knive. (can't gut animals with a crowbar).

Since items would be much more rare, you'd actively have to loot cities and wander around the map, increasing the chance of meeting other groups of survivors.

Just thinking about this, excites me :D

One could argue about the rareness of items. I don't want to see a constant battle over ressources. If you're in a group, I wouldn't want there to be a constant tension. You should be able to survive in a group and not have to kill your friends, because there is not enough food. But it shouldn't be too easy either. Finding the right balance could be the hardest part in this.

Also, I'm not so fond of all the high grade military gear. Pistols are weak and innacurate, but that's what would make firefights so much more fun. Right now, you're dead before you even realize it, most of the time, because of the sniper rifles, that one-shot over half a kilometer. Do we really need all these weapons? I'd rather see a fight (if there really has to be) between two groups, where only a few of the people actually have weapons, and the weapons being makarovs and winchesters ^^ THAT would be fun.

Yeah, I hope for a more in-depth melee system but this may just be a hope for either Arma 3 or a stand-alone project if that happens... If the weapons become more rare I would expect a spawn rate similar to the current makarovs/enfields, being easily available in residential/farm areas but no so rare that everyone just starts to have hatchet fights.

Then I pretty much agree with your point until;

"One could argue about the rareness of items. I don't want to see a constant battle over ressources. If you're in a group, I wouldn't want there to be a constant tension. You should be able to survive in a group and not have to kill your friends, because there is not enough food. But it shouldn't be too easy either. Finding the right balance could be the hardest part in this."

I do want to see a battle over resources, it's a sink or swim world, I think putting an incentive to play in a group is all well and good but I think there has to be that harsh decision to kill the guy with the broken leg or to jump the guy with the gun/last tin of beans without it being your friend that you're on mumble or teamspeak with. Also, if you read the "Make DayZ a living hell" post, it says that food could be shared between two people, this wouldn't be vital to, but a huge boost to team play and goes perfectly with my idea. Also it wouldn't specifically decrease banditry, but maybe decrease banditry, and it would allow lone wolves to make two meals out of one so staying alone would still be viable when food sources are scarce.

Some good ideas over here.

Kinda in a hurry, so quick thought from me: why not limit the military spawn and high-grade weapons to the heli crash sites ?

These crash sites are rare, spawn in a random place (or should, at least). Therefore these will encourage people to actually venture into the wilderness to explore, rather than just rushing Stary Sobor or the NWA because everyone know the good stuff is there.

Ok, the best would be procedural-generated maps. No more NWA: there would be ONE airfield on the map, but never on the same place. Changing at each server reboot. That would be sweet. Imagine the thrill of finding it or the first time -again-.

I like the idea of the better military grade loot being at crash sites, but also sometimes just broken junk with "scrap metal" showing that something valuable may have broke in the crash. I don't like the overall idea of military loot ONLY being on helicopters though, I think the map should spawn military loot at military locations but not as much as it does currently because it's a simple case of visiting one town, collecting everything to survive, inland for military loot, boredom. It should be a hunt to find everything, and it should hit hard when you lose that makarov and you'll really think about putting that Enfield in your bag rather than 10 tins of food.

With procedural-generated maps, I don't know... I like the idea of people not knowing the map and being unable to do the aforementioned spawn, one town, military grade but I don't completely support the idea for some reason... I think it may be too minecraft-esque.

• Like 1

I don't think there is much tension on groups about loot. The way my group seems to play is that if you find it, it's yours. If you don't want the item, it goes to who NEEDS it most.

I have given ghillie suits to my snipers, and gave away a DMR and about to give a M24. Don't mind it at all because someone gave me my L85.

I think the high end military stuff should be way rarer. Out Ural and VS3 are LOADED. I mean full of rare shit. It's not very rare at all.

I don't think there is much tension on groups about loot. The way my group seems to play is that if you find it, it's yours. If you don't want the item, it goes to who NEEDS it most.

I have given ghillie suits to my snipers, and gave away a DMR and about to give a M24. Don't mind it at all because someone gave me my L85.

I think the high end military stuff should be way rarer. Out Ural and VS3 are LOADED. I mean full of rare shit. It's not very rare at all.

That's my point, what those who haven't been playing for long tend to think that the items they haven't found are rare when those who play enough or farm have tents full of those so called "rare" items... I've looted a tent with 32 ghillie suits in and 10 NVG's in, another near it had 3 M107's and everything you'd need to fix up any vehicle you found in abundance. I want those basic weapons to be the abundance that people have so it's hard to find but your whole group may eventually end up with Makarov's and Revolvers... Eventually maybe getting one or two AK's/M4's... I want it to be a struggle to become fully equipped because that's when you begin to get bored and nothing is really a struggle unless you're attempting to involve yourself in PvP.

I just stumbled onto this thread. And, i dont really know if I can comprehend everything and make a detailed post and such. But here's what offering.. All of these Ideas make sense. But, I am a n00b. I just got to Stary last night with 2 friends of mine. We were skeptical about going there because of all of the rumors about people camping it for the good loot. Now as far as good loot, i got my hands on a silenced mp5, with plenty of ammo, they got the AK and the shotgun. But i did stumble across all this loot. Unfortunately, the server went down, and we immediately rejoined it... and after the server was up for like 5 minutes, ALL the loot respawned. So... we looted again, making sure we were set to go. Now we have tons of stuff. and we are geared up. Nothing tooooo high grade military or anything. But we were in starry for at least 4 hours, and saw no one, on a 37/40 server. So our next adventure has us going to cherno for med supplies.

My whole thing, is i like to plan ahead. I mean, we have all our sweet loot. and we are gonna go gear up on med supplies. But after we secure that.. and are set to survive. Where do we go from there... do we just hunt survivors... there needs to be something more to do than simply... survive...