gibonez

Biggest problems in Dayz fixed with one simple solution

This is actually a pretty decent suggestion. It actually allows for bases and other fortifications to be unique to a server, rather than seeing a base and ghosting into it on another server. Obviously this isn't perfect, but it sure is better than the current situation. This mixed with a logout timer would be absolutely golden. And to those saying you can camp multiple places at once and shit; it actually means they have to get there first, as opposed to hopping servers at the barracks.

+1

I prefer my solution that it takes you 10 minutes to logout fully of the server, you essentially "go to sleep". Would have people logging out in the woods instead of high loot places. You cant relog back into a new server until the 10 mins "logout" is over.

-New item, Sleeping bag - Reduces logout time to 2 mins in the forest. --- Could work, as currently axe is usable only in forest. Will solve all issues and not bind one person to an account.

-Also, should popup on the information screen "a player has spawned nearby" to explain sudden break in immersion that a man appeared like out of the terminator films.

I read the title and thought immediately: Sledgehammer to the hive server! No dayZ hive = no exploiter problems!

Good idea for hoppers, doesn't accomplish much for people disconnecting from combat.

It does. People can no longer disconnect then join an empty server and run to safety.

The dis connector is stuck with the position and a patient player can just wait for this person to log back in and spawn right where he disconnected.

It does. People can no longer disconnect then join an empty server and run to safety.

The dis connector is stuck with the position and a patient player can just wait for this person to log back in and spawn right where he disconnected.

The d/c guy would just go to another server and take his chances with beach snipers. That's what I would do anyway. Even if I spawn on the beach, I successfully avoided that combat and live another day.

The d/c guy would just go to another server and take his chances with beach snipers. That's what I would do anyway. Even if I spawn on the beach, I successfully avoided that combat and live another day.

Perhaps but one thing would be for certain, it would be impossible for that player to come back and spawn behind you by ghosting.