Sign in to follow this  
The_Monk

My solution to PVP.

Here is a solution to my PVP problem.

Have the boats with a bit of storage, I'll consider shooting a lot less people if I can safely store my gear as tents don't seem to work and boats are plentiful and relatively useless.

My 2c :D

Have the boats with a bit of storage' date=' I'll consider shooting a lot less people if I can safely store my gear as tents don't seem to work and boats are plentiful and relatively useless.

[/quote']

So I have a simple argument against this.

"Safely Store"

If you allow players to safely store their important gear, people will completely disregard being worried about losing their gear and make more stupid, reckless risks for better gear and be rewarded for it. So what if they die? They can just respawn knowing their gear is really safe and continue to try.

I submit that if there was a "safe" way to store your gear it would degrade the game experience horribly.

Have the boats with a bit of storage' date=' I'll consider shooting a lot less people if I can safely store my gear as tents don't seem to work and boats are plentiful and relatively useless.

[/quote']

So I have a simple argument against this.

"Safely Store"

If you allow players to safely store their important gear, people will completely disregard being worried about losing their gear and make more stupid, reckless risks for better gear and be rewarded for it. So what if they die? They can just respawn knowing their gear is really safe and continue to try.

I submit that if there was a "safe" way to store your gear it would degrade the game experience horribly.

I agree!

By safely store I meant as safe as tents/vehicles are meant to be.

Except tents don't seem to save at the moment and cars/buses/bikes are all hidden away up north.

While I have absolutely no idea why you billed it like that, because people decapitate you for saying "fix" pvp, I agree boats should have storage. Don't know why they don't.

Step 1: Find a Boat. (Should be easy, as you claim them to be plentiful)

Step 2: Head to a remote island, especially if there's one with no lootable buildings.

Step 3: Pitch tent, store loot.

Step 4: Have your gear about as "safely" stored as it's gonna be.

Step 1: Find a Boat. (Should be easy' date=' as you claim them to be plentiful)

Step 2: Head to a remote island, especially if there's one with no lootable buildings.

Step 3: Pitch tent, store loot.

Step 4: Have your gear about as "safely" stored as it's gonna be.

[/quote']

Tried this but the moment the server restarts the tents empty most of the time.

Yeah and while we're at it you should start with food and water, maybe a low powered rifle and maybe some more medical supplies. Heck, why don't we take out the whole item loss on death mechanic. Sound good?

Fucking care bears. This isn't even going to remotely change KoS gameplay. If people can store good gear so easily, you'll have more bandits KoSing others to hoard their loot.

It was a light hearted attempt at humour.

Thanks for playing along.

Boats need storage was the suggestion.

Also how is boats having storage any different from cars/bikes/trucks/vans having storage? Or even tents? How would this even compare to starting with random junk/not losing items.

Also if you read the post it says I would consider not shooting people.

I hate having to explain a joke to an idiot.