Sign in to follow this  
Stevo (DayZ)

Low-Res Textures from ArmA 2 Free [edited]

Hey,

i´am running Dayz on a athlon x2 4600+ with a radeon hd 4600 agp. At the lowest resolution i can play without problems but i thougt about using the low-res textures from the arma2 demo (i have arma2 full with oa) to increase my performance.

is it possible to use the texture-files from the demo without changeing my installed arma2 (f.e. copy files from arma2 demo to arma2 folder) to increase my performance with the low-res textures from arma2 demo ?

please excuse my horrible english but school is years away.

thanks in advantage

stevo

thats doesn´t answer my question.

can i use the low-res textures from arma2 demo/free with the full (i´ve payed) version (i´ve heard that the free version has low-res textures) ?

i´ll upgrade my equipment soon (i would have it upgraded for diablo3 but it´still running and don´t won´t to spend money for an alpha-mod but willing to do so if it reaches beta-status)

sorry for my horrible english but school is years ago

Stevo

thats doesn´t answer my question.

can i use the low-res textures from arma2 demo/free with the full (i´ve payed) version (i´ve heard that the free version has low-res textures) ?

i´ll upgrade my equipment soon (i would have it upgraded for diablo3 but it´still running and don´t won´t to spend money for an alpha-mod but willing to do so if it reaches beta-status)

sorry for my horrible english but school is years ago

Stevo

I seriously doubt anyone has tried that....but if you want, delete your retail install(you may want to take advantage of steams 'backup' feature here...) and go install the free version. Let us know how it turns out. :)

edit: on 2nd thought, someone may have done it, so ymmv.