Occulus

Installation help, after 5 days of trying even i am turning into a zombie....

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

I have a mixed of arma 2 from amazon.com, and arma 2 OA from steam.

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

honostly ive been at this for about 5 days trying to get this game to work and ive seen so many patch numbers its not funny these are all the number ive been seeing.

six-Launcher: 1.7.1.5

OA version: 1.60.87580

ARMA 2 original: 1.06.70710

OA patch (from the arma2 website): patch 1.60

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

I am have trid 3 different methods both do not work for me:

1) Sixupdater

2)Arma launcher

3)Steam

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

The problems i am having range from bad serial to missing keys or i must delete some keys. i am also missing some arma2 CA addon.

*Your PC specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 455 Processer 3.30 GHz (Tri-Core)

Ram: 8.0 GB

System Type: 64 Bit

AMD Radeon HD 6670

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

*Have you looked at these threads?:

I have looked at so many threads till well after 2 AM starting at 8 AM in the morning for the past 5 days. I have watched more youtube installation guides than i care to count. I have already sent in a troubleshoot report and got a reply to watch 2 videos. The videos gave a better understanding of what i need to do, but the technical parts are not working for me. My guess is when i have to direct the launcher to .exe file, the .exe file does not exist. But when i look for it without using the launcher pointer i can find it no problem. Regarding the bad serial problem, i have ran everything that has to do with running this game in admin after restarting my system after i started the games for the first time before installing a single thing after installing the games.

Hi,

When you receive CA missing addons messages it should mean the ARMA2 game hasn't been properly loaded. I suppose the amazon release isn't properly recognized?

The serial issue could be from not having ran of the steam games through the steam launcher (started as admin) at least once.

ARMA-X had some CD-Key issues that can be worked around with older beta but that should be irrelevant to this issue.

There's a CD-KEY thread around that also covers Steam; http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=28901

I suppose you've already touched the FAQ? http://www.six-updater.net/p/documentation.html

Have you tried manually configuring the ARMA2 and ARMA2 OA paths in the Launcher Options?

If still issues, could you please create a ticket with the log files, then we'll get right on it!

http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

I would delete everything and start over.

- Install ARMA2 and run it as an admin. It sounds like you know how to do the admin thing.

- Install OA. Since you are going through Steam, I would suggest setting both the Steam application and the Arma2OA application to run as admin.

- Run Combined Ops. Since you have retail Arma2 and Steam OA, I don't know how your system would do this. I have steam for both. When I am at the Steam game menu and double-clock OA, it asks if I want to run OA, or combined ops (or reinstall BattleEye, and one other thing). If both Arma2 and OA already run themselves as admin, this should run as admin also.

That's the easy part.

six-Launcher: 1.7.1.5 -> I don't use that. 1.7.1.5 is the current DayZ version

OA version: 1.60.87580 -> 1.6 is latest version. 87580 is a patch version, and it isn't the latest beta patch

ARMA 2 original: 1.06.70710 -> I'm not worrying about this. You can check Arma's site for the latest update.

OA patch (from the arma2 website): patch 1.60 -> Steam should automatically hook you up with the latest "public" patch

DayZ requires the beta patch for OA. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

That site has been having problems lately...

You need to download 94444. When you open the archive, you need to run the executable that is in it. For steam, you then need to make sure the Steam client is running the PATCHED executable. For me:

- Go into OA directory under \steamapps\common\

- rename arma2oa application to arma2oa_backup

- Navigate from that directory into \Expansion\beta\

- right click arma2oa and copy it

- go back to the OA directory and paste this in there

In Steam, right click OA in your game library. Select properties. There is a button for SET LAUNCH OPTIONS. There are the user-defined parameters you can pass to the application. Mine says:

-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -world=empty -maxmem=3096 %1 %2 %3 %4

Collectively, the -mod and -beta parameters pass the Expansion, beta and DayZ mods to the program. Your paths may be different. The %_ARMA2PATH_% means there is a system variable set somewhere for that root directory with respect to the OA program. I don't know which install set that. This works for me, and I'm not messing with it.

Now run either OA or Combined Ops and at the main menu you should have a version number of 1.60.94444. At the top right, under the icons, you should have small, bright letters that say Expansion, beta, and DayZ if you have it installed already.

I think you are missing the beta patch. It sounds complex, but it is three steps:

1. Install beta patch.

2. Make sure Steam is running the beta executable (the instructions for this are different than in the readme because the readme is for Arma2, NOT for DayZ and Steam...)

3. Make sure the right parameters are passed to your program.

-

Per the reply i have gotten, i went to the FAQ on the sixupdater site and i went through and found that have to delete the beta file in the expansion file of the arma 2 OA and than unclick the launch with beta update file. I think i got closer this time because now i get a different error. Now it is saying "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine"

I tried installing the newest patch from the arma2 website it took quite a long time to get it installed about 1 hour and a half or so, and after waiting that long i get a major let down when it says my computer could not read the zip file from the patch and dumped the whole thing. Now i dont know what to do, from the spec 4's post i should reinstall everything again and that takes at the minimum 5 hours to do and will be my 13+ try doing this. Is there anything i can do to get around doing this?

Would my problems also be solved if i just bought the steam version of arma 2 original, because from what im seeing most of my problems are coming from sixupdater not being able to read the amazon version.

Would my problems also be solved if i just bought the steam version of arma 2 original' date=' because from what im seeing most of my problems are coming from sixupdater not being able to read the amazon version.

[/quote']It's cheaper to create a ticket with the log files so we can analyze and resolve the issue for free ASAP instead, but up to you ;-)

http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Both the game's RPT file and the SIX Launcher log file should get us what we need.

But if it's really the problem then manually configuring the ARMA 2 Path in the SIX Launcher options should work around the issue.

How do i get you those log files you need? where to get them, and how to post them?

How do i get you those log files you need? where to get them' date=' and how to post them?

[/quote']All detailed in the linked support page mate :) (log location and ticket creation etc)

I'm using same as you, arma2 from amazon, OA from steam.

I followed this tutorial and had no problems at all.

Make sure you go to the arma2.exe and the arma2OA.exe, right click, select properties and under compatibility mode tick the following boxes.

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition

Run this program as an administrator

This should really be done for all games as it helps to eliminate possible errors by allowing admin rights and it frees up around 300mb of vram by disabling aero.

Hope this helps.

Ok i think im missing something here. I used your link went to the six-updater site to try and find out how to get the logfiles, but im not finding where and how to get them. I will cehck how to get the rpt ones. If i cant find out how to get the logfiles ill only be able to sent the rpt ones if i can get those ones.

Ok so i found the RPT files, but cant figure out how to post em here.

Ok i got al the way through except now i have an error that says, "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'." and error"bin\config.bin/Cfg Weapons/G36_C_SD_eotech/Burst/:Cannot find base class 'Burst'"

I'm using same as you' date=' arma2 from amazon, OA from steam.

I followed this tutorial and had no problems at all.

Make sure you go to the arma2.exe and the arma2OA.exe, right click, select properties and under compatibility mode tick the following boxes.

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition

Run this program as an administrator

This should really be done for all games as it helps to eliminate possible errors by allowing admin rights and it frees up around 300mb of vram by disabling aero.

Hope this helps.

[/quote']

I almost got it after watching this video, but now i have a few other errors preventing me from playing now, im going to reinstall again and hope it works with what i saw in this video.

i'm having the same issues. trying to work this for 3 days ,i bought this game from steam. had that CD key error.... then followed the steps.. uninstalled, reinstalled, run both separately one after the other now i'm getting this "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine" tried the 6updater , BAAAM! back to the CD key problem..... Pathetic...

How hard is it to make an expansion that actually works with the original game...??!!! here's my nice 30$ down the drain with the DayZ adventure... i guess that's why i stayed away from PC gaming for some time... because of stupid crap like that. (ohhh wait.. there are companies who can actually make expansion work with the original game! )

Furious:

I'm having trouble keeping all the different errors straight, but I believe the D3D9 error is either an admin error, or not running the patched OA file.

- Make sure Steam runs as admin.

- Make sure the patched OA is run.