Hey guys,

I run a server and here is a run down of what happened:

There were three of us in game. (all RL friends) We were the only ones in the server at the time.

One of my friends was in Stary Sobor. He said a couple people had just logged on.

I make the comical reference "I wonder where they are? I better get out of the NW airfield."

When suddenly I hear... "Nope, they are in Stary Sobor. I'm dead."

The two of us chuckle and the other friend respawns in Stolichny (or whatever it's called).

Not even 3 minutes after his death(still us three and the other three logged in only). He sees the three mysterious players pass through Stolichny on 3 vehicles. (One Truck, one ATV and one Sedan.)

These are players we've never seen before. There were no vehicles in Stary where my friend had fallen. Let alone 3 vehicles. So I kicked them with an explanation of suspicious activity.

Now my friend who spawned in Stoli finds two of their vehicles. They had 11 wheels. 21 cooked steaks etc. etc. just way too much equipment imo. And to top it off, the vehicles were all green. Perfect condition.

Could this be the activity of scripts/hacks?

Thanks for reading!

Just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Meant to put it in the cheater reporting.

Sorry admins!

PS: To clarify. No one benefited from those vehicles after said players were kicked. We went about our merry DayZ way and he made his way back to camp on foot.

Edited by Ctrl-Alt-Rage

Assumptions are dangerous things. To be honest you had no business kicking them until you had definite evidence against them. The reasons you listed are not evidence.

I had a right to kick him. Not a right to ban him. I gave the reason. I didn't feel like dealing with my server being screwed up over some exploiter/hacker/script kiddies.

Better safe than sorry.

And I posted for opinions on if it's a possible exploit or hack or not. Not if I had justification. But I do understand where you're coming from.

• Like 1

That does sound pretty suspicious. You did the right thing, IMO. Good thing you didn't ban them, though.

Suspicious to some degree indeed.

But why would you use "21 Cooked steaks" as something that made you suspicious? That's only about 3 cows worth of meat.

Also if you suspected that their vehicles were hacked in, in perfect condition, why would they have 11 spare wheels on them?

It should also be added that it's not "right", to kick them, only to go steal their vehicles. You have minor reasons at best to suspect them for anything, and proof for nothing, if you suspected that they hacked it in then you should have checked logs for suspicious activities.

As for you wanting opinions for if it's "possible" that they hacked it in or similar, then yes, it's possible, just like it's technically possible that anyone you see carrying a weapon may have gotten it in an illegal way.

Or it's possible that they've had vehicles for ages, fixed them up, and then you kicked them and stole it all because you felt it was "suspicious".

If it really took them 3 minutes to get from Stary to Sol with 3 vehicles loaded up with that much cooked meat and spare tires after killing a guy upon logging in and they had truly never been on your server before?

Yeah...they would have hacked. But that is assuming all of the above is actually true. There is no possible way for them to have done all of that work in 3 minutes time. But it IS possible they were on the server previously and you just didn't know of it.

Ultimately the 3 minute timeline just doesn't seem likely since it would take them longer than that to drive that distance even at full speed.

Unless they are driving obviously hacked in vehicles (tanks, apaches ect) I don't think it is right to kick anyone unless you have found proof in the script.log file of the vehicles being created.

tbh I think your kick reason is suspicious. Having 3 vehicles isnt rare when you can find vehicle spawn locations all over the internet and dayz wiki. the fact you say they have 11 car wheels is not suspicious at all if you know the game like I do, we got 6 car wheels from a factory tonight in like an hour or so. the 21 cooked meat is like 15 minutes work when you drive around. The fact that you haven't seen them before on your server is not weird either, they could be living in a different timezone then you unless your now gonna say you play 24/7 and watch the player list like a hawk...

Whats suspicious about your story is that you kick 3 guys in vehicles and then try to justify it by saying they had gear on them that YOU find suspicious, gear you only discovered AFTER the facts... sounds to me you kicked them for having 3 vehicles which you wanted.

EDIT: Oh and FYI this is the ban appeal thread not the cheating one... or did you ban them and are looking now if they are filling a complaint against you lol.

Edited by Filip VDM
  • Like 3

I don't hack all the time...but when I do it's 21 cooked steaks

• Like 1

lol @ the trolls commenting here putting down the server owner

If you think the 3 vehicles are suspicious and you have not seen them on the server before you as a server admin/owner have the right to KICK but not ban (until you have proof of hacking).

The rules state that you can kick but to a limit, this seems like a legit kick. Btw, did they come right back or just leave forever?

i would review logs to look for such action then ban if they did spawn them.

you did that right thing, if they only just joined and after 3 minutes made it from stary to the coast then something isn't right.

All green too? highly unlikely it would be natural to find these colours and all drive the same colours.

Your actions probably were about right, you decided on a decsion and executed it.

• Like 1

did u destryoy the vehicles and all the equipment or does ur friend now own a new car?

also i find it highly concerning that an admin can kick people and take or destroy their cars just because he thinks they are hacking w/o any real evidence.

Edited by gobacktogo

lol @ the trolls commenting here putting down the server owner

If you think the 3 vehicles are suspicious and you have not seen them on the server before you as a server admin/owner have the right to KICK but not ban (until you have proof of hacking).

The rules state that you can kick but to a limit, this seems like a legit kick. Btw, did they come right back or just leave forever?

They never came back. Sorry for the delay.

I was really asking if there were hacks/scripts out there that could spawn those vehicles.

did u destryoy the vehicles and all the equipment or does ur friend now own a new car?

also i find it highly concerning that an admin can kick people and take or destroy their cars just because he thinks they are hacking w/o any real evidence.

Before making assumptions. I made a judgement call for the security of my server that I pay for. I want it to be fun place for people to enjoy themselves on. As for my friend, no. He didn't want to take the vehicle because he figured if it were hacked it could some how bug his character. (stranger things have happened).

Anyways, have a good night fellas.