Sign in to follow this  
beagle bond

defibrillator to rez players

I think this is a simple enough idea the defibrillators are extremely rare to find, you have to rez the person within 2 minutes of them dying and its a 15 second animation to rez the person anytime within the 2 minutes, so it's not like you kill a person and they get picked up and are back in the fight to kill you if there rezzing their teamate it's actually just a chance for you to kill their teamates. When the person is rezzed they wake up unconscious. I believe this system rewards survivors who manage to kill the bandit and can save their teamate without them having to respawn and run all the way back and it rewards bandits who kill a player and watch the body possibly raking in another kill. I cant think of a more balanced way to do this.If you have any specific locations on where you think it should spawn post here I feel with hospitals it might be to easy to find even if its rare and I know a lot of people would hate that so I'm not certain. The defibrillator should not work if you are killed by a zombie.

I've already responded to at least three of these suggestions in the past week, and the answer has always been NO. Death in this game is permanent, like real life. No amount of CPR, adrenalin shots, or AED usage would bring a man back to life if he has a .303 round lodged in his heart or brain. Being unconscious, in my opinion, represents more or less the state of cardiac arrest which defibrillators are ACTUALLY used for. And there is a difference, by the way, between being in cardiac arrest and being dead. It has a lot to do with brain activity and brain damage from a lack of oxygen.

Anyway, the Epi-Pen represents a shot of adrenalin, which restarts the heart of an unconscious individual in the game. That's about all we need.

Shooting people kills them sometimes; because as I said earlier, death isn't just about having no heartbeat, it's sometimes about having a large, sharp chunk of lead floating around your essential organs, shredding them up as it passes by. Or about having a large amount of it blown out the back of your body/ disfigured by cavitation caused by the bullet, or spinal damage, or nerve damage, or anything like that.

If it were that simple to save a life, we'd have no death, because most public places have AEDs somewhere or other. And since Day Z is strongly devoted to realism, I have to say we need to keep it like the real world in this aspect of the game.

I blame the battlefield series and movies for this misconception of what a defibrillator can do...

+1to this it would be a great nuance to add in the game and in addition it would be nice to have when one of your friends is killed by walking into a fence (happened to me yesterday) or any other such buggy ways.

Wow ultra realism is that how you make a video game super fun wasn't aware. In real life if you get shot a bunch a defibrillator isn't gonna bring you back but this is a video game let me remind the fact you think there's people out there who believe otherwise shows me you really are stupid especially since I never gave any credence to that notion. I'm arguing for this from a gameplay perspective not a realism perspective if I was I would be arguing for us to have to go to the bathroom.

oh I get a person running all the way up to the body from forever ways away and taking all the stuff from it and becoming that person basically is so much more realistic.

Wow ultra realism is that how you make a video game super fun wasn't aware. In real life if you get shot a bunch a defibrillator isn't gonna bring you back but this is a video game let me remind the fact you think there's people out there who believe otherwise shows me you really are stupid especially since I never gave any credence to that notion. I'm arguing for this from a gameplay perspective not a realism perspective if I was I would be arguing for us to have to go to the bathroom.

I'm going to quote rocket here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?...31#pid4431

RE: PvP...... Good or bad??

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel' date=' dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with.

I discussed this with the our team members at great length of many arguments, the idea behind safe zones. The eventual consensus was that it went against the ethos of the project. This whole concept, and the reason it "works", is that there IS no safe zone (unless you make it). Your actions have real and brutal consequences. There are no game designed safety nets.

It is the kind of system/environment that will sometimes make you want to punch the computer screen. But with that kind of risk, comes great emotional reward when you carry something off. The sniper you describe - there are people like this in the world, and in the breakdown of order I can bet that there would be people who would sit on a roof and shoot people "just for the lulz".

Why make something that has already been done? [/quote']

Now, how would the easy defibrillator option fit into his vision of this game? This game is not meant to be fun, easy or anything. Its meant to be "impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal".

And you're right about realism, its not supposed to be realistic, its supposed to be authentic.

Oh, I didn't realize the objective of this game was to turn into Battlefield three. And I also didn't realize the objective of this forum was to toss around personal insults whenever somebody disagreed with you.

This game is about authenticity, and bringing back people from the dead simply isn't. We might as well make ammunition regenerate, players take magazines to bring down, and throw in some energy shields for good measure, since that would make this game more "game-like", which evidently is what you're after.

You're not going to make a whole lot of friends, or supporters for that matter, doing that.

I love how you say easy defibrillator option even though I said it should be extremely rare if not the hardest thing in the game to find. You have a valid argument against it but the way your presenting it is aholeish like I believe defibs are wizard things that always save people. I dont think running up to the body and assuming that persons role again is that much more realistic.

I don't understand what you're meaning by "running up to the body and assuming that person's role". If you mean taking their stuff and using it for yourself, that's the most realistic thing I could imagine. If I found a dead soldier during a zombie apocalypse, as soon as I made sure he wasn't a zombie himself, I'd take ALL of his stuff.

And honestly, we're not trying to be "aholeish" to you. It's just that nothing you're suggesting is original at all, it has all been suggested in the past 24 hours, and if you had clicked on the search button you would have found it.

I didnt know that, but the major point here is that you believe if you die running forever and wasting your time and getting all your stuff back is more realistic than be defibed and neither of them are realistic.

I didnt know that' date=' but the major point here is that you believe if you die running forever and wasting your time and getting all your stuff back is more realistic than be defibed and neither of them are realistic.

[/quote']

I don't run back to my dead corpse, personally. And usually it's already looted when you do. One point isn't "realism", it's also balancing. Experienced bandits could have one, so as soon as you successfully defend yourself from one, his friend could just revive him back, and you have two bandits shooting at you again.

I frankly just think it's against the game's mission. Death is permanent, and death is scary. If you can cancel out death, then it becomes less so.

And if you'll read what the others said on the page I linked to, you'll see them saying pretty much what I'm saying now.

Excuse me did you read my post how specifically you cant get back up right after being rezzed how I tried to make it as hard as possible for the defibing and then you act like I just said that you get picked up and your back in perfect health no. What kind of bandit cant shoot someone who is standing still defibing for 15 seconds and the person they rez is unconscious. I gave up on the idea until it was clear you didn't read my post the first guy maybe but you did not otherwise you would have said even with all the protections they could still come back and possibly kill you no you just said you instantly get up and start shooting it seems like which I didnt say at all.

A. I might suggest using grammar. It'll get you further in life.

B. Death is death. You're missing that point. Thi game is supposed to be hard, not a cakewalk. Unfair things happen to you, and if we tried to make it that to where you get to be revived after a firefight, it would lose a good deal of its challenge. And of course, it would be the well-equipped bandits who have them, not the regular survivors. If you want a game where you can be revived, then they are out there. But I feel this game shouldn't be one of them.

A. I might suggest using grammar. It'll get you further in life.

B. Death is death. You're missing that point. Thi game is supposed to be hard' date=' not a cakewalk. Unfair things happen to you, and if we tried to make it that to where you get to be revived after a firefight, it would lose a good deal of its challenge. And of course, it would be the well-equipped bandits who have them, not the regular survivors. If you want a game where you can be revived, then they are out there. But I feel this game shouldn't be one of them.

[/quote']

You didn't deny not reading my post which is common courtesy not reading a post and talking about it is a lot worse than a couple of grammar mistakes i'm not writing an essay and i'm not correcting every line to please some elitist on the forum ohh defibing that not a word you should of used defibrillation yes indeed. You could have had a valid argument by reading my post and just argued death should be permanent instead you don't read it and decide to be a grammar Nazi.

"Thi game" don't be a hypocrite

Just forget it there's been like 3 people including me who've posted so its clear no one cares either way so just let the forum die if no one cares but please read posts instead of assuming i'm arguing for something in a way i'm not.

A.

Why are you so hostile to using proper grammar? If you do it regularly, it becomes a habit. That way you go through life with good grammar and spelling as a reflex.

B.

You automatically assume I've deliberately ignored your post because I don't say, "I confirm that I have read your post"?

C.

Loving the ad hominem attacks here.

D.

You'll find that my statements are a response to your idea. Death should stay permanent in this game. It shouldn't be a matter of, "It's okay, we don't need to worry about going to the airfield, Joey over there has a defibrillator and he can fix us from being dead."

That's not how this game works.

You don't even use proper grammar "thi game" so don't talk about that. I use proper grammar but when i'm in a hurry to write back and defend myself my grammar slipped as it seems yours did to. I assumed you didn't read it because you just said people get rezzed and then start shooting at you not mentioning any of the nerfs I put in place or saying that the nerfs weren't good enough.

Arguing death should be permanent is a valid argument when you put snarky grammar got you remarks it kind of diminishes the point you were trying to make.

Why are you being so hostile to me, anyway? I don't even see the point of continuing to argue with you if all you're going to do is point out how I made a single typo, because I'm typing on my phone at the moment.

Besides, we're the only two here. I'm just going to leave this before it gets much further out of hand.

Firstly, grammar =/= spelling and everyone makes typo's. Grammar is the structure of language (ie punctuation; using semi-colons, colons, full stops/periods, commas, paragraphs etc in the right place) which you absolutely butchered.

Secondly, (see what I did there? A new paragraph for a new point) why would defibs work for a bulletwound but not for a bite/bashed in skull?

Thirdly, your idea is terribad and should never be implemented, ever.