green_machine

Starting to Doubt the Realism...

Don't get me wrong, I want and DayZ to be challenging and even cruel but I've noticed some really annoying things lately that are ruining any chance this game has to create an immersive environment.

Zombie Auto-Aim/Wall-Hack/Aim-Bots. (Would like confirmation from a MOD or Developer about his.)

I've spent a lot of time around Zombies, I even hear them whilst my PC has been turned off. I've noticed that they follow you, even tho they cannot see you. I suspect there is some programming involved that enables them to track your movements, cut off your paths then follow you as you move to compensate.

Broken Bones

This should be hard but not "unrealistically hard". I had 12000 health today and 1 hit from a Zombie breaks my leg. If you're going to add broken bones at least remove the glitches before you do...

So far, what's been breaking my bones has been flaws, glitches and plain nonsense.

Ran up a Barn staircase in a hurry, ran off the side and dropped down- Broken legs, END GAME. I've jumped from many high places in my time as a child, I don't think I even sprained an ankle..... I'm quite sure this wouldn't happen in a real-world situation.

Stood above a ladder, waiting for Zombies. As I waited a Zombie climbed up, I got hit and my legs were broken by the zombie climbing the ladder..... END GAME. I'm quite sure this wouldn't happen in a real-world situation.

Reached the NW airfield. Zombie opened the doors that I closed with a suspicious amount of knowledge about my position. I shot him point blank as I laid on the floor (He had the jump on me). I then sprinted up to the tower, got my axe out and prepared to mop up. 1st zombie that walked up the stairs, didn't get all the way up. he then sprints through the floor, hits me, breaks my legs and disappears.... END GAME (unless my call for a medic is answered, becuase I'm not losing my guy to this BS)

A MOD in it's Alpha stage should not be implementing an END-GAME injury based on chance whilst it is full of bugs. The fall from height should be tweaked ASAP and A zombie's ability to break legs should be removed until this MOD has reached an acceptable level of performance or at least let us make splints with firewood and bandages to at least let us run slowly.

Rocket himself has stated this mod isn't suppose to be realsitic. He says it's authentic. Your post is thus void. Good day.

"i jumped from high places all the time as a kid, therefore this game is not realistic because my character carrying a ton of gear breaks his legs all the time!"

Stood above a ladder waiting for Zombies. As I waited for a Zombie climbed up a ladder, I got a hit and my legs broke by the zombie climbing the ladder..... END GAME. I'm quite sure this wouldn't happen in a real-world situation.

This is so hard to read. It seems like youre trying to say that zombies hitting you and breaking your bones wouldnt happen in a real world situation.

Pro-tip: zombies arent real.

How about the idea that the magazine loaded into my gun still takes a spot in my inventory?

How about the idea that the magazine loaded into my gun still takes a spot in my inventory?

Now that I realise this, it will bug me til my death.

If you think any video game can ever actually be "realistic" you're just dreaming. Broken bones are a gameplay mechanics in place to force you to goto big towns to loot hospitals, not REALISM.

Now that I realise this' date=' it will bug me til my death.

[/quote']

lol...now that you mention it that's going to be me, too...

I'm actually embarrassed I never realized that before :-\

Back to OP,

Carry some morphine on you...sure that won't fix the bugs you spoke of but at least it's not the end of the world (:angel:) for your character anyway. I keep 2-3 in my backpack for just those occasions (random zombie smacks me, BOOM, broken bone).

EDIT:

FatHitman, it's a game, Roger gotcha....but I hate when people bring this argument up on the forums...we all KNOW we're playing a game so obviously there's the suspension of belief already present and we all know zombies aren't real. For the sake of argument, however, we can make certain assumptions within the contexts of arguments. The OP isn't complaining about zombies being able to break limbs...his main points are 1) how easily they do it at certain times and 2) how easily the environment can break bones in unrealistic situations (in the prone through doorways, from small falls, etc.)

"i jumped from high places all the time as a kid' date=' therefore this game is not realistic because my character carrying a ton of gear breaks his legs all the time!"

Stood above a ladder waiting for Zombies. As I waited for a Zombie climbed up a ladder, I got a hit and my legs broke by the zombie climbing the ladder..... END GAME. I'm quite sure this wouldn't happen in a real-world situation.

This is so hard to read. It seems like youre trying to say that zombies hitting you and breaking your bones wouldnt happen in a real world situation.

Sorry/Tired/Fixed.

For the fall height, It happens regardless of your inventory weight and still, dropping from height doesn't mean that you land like a broomstick every time, we have knee's ya know.

Yes, I'm saying that zombies hitting you cannot break legs. Are saying that by swinging your arms or by punching and grabbing, you could break a mans leg? From what I know, a Zombies flesh is dead flesh so it is constantly decaying so muscles would be weaker. You'd also have to stamp on a leg to break it, at least.

I'm just saying, zombies don't break bones, glitches and bad designs do. Until the design is updated, I don't think broken legs are viable addition to this mod. Shot in the leg and it's broken? Sure, that's fine.

I will admit fault with not getting morphine 1st. I was going to rush cross country to a city and loot a hospital once I left the air-field. It will be on my to-do list before I venture in-land next time.

Yeah.... I was under the impression that the breaking a leg every 10 minutes was a bug and that it was going to get patched. So don't get your panties in a twist. Don't stand still when a zombie is attacking you. You seem to be more likely to break a leg if a zombie swings at you while you're standing still or when you're near an object/wall/fencepost etc. Try to avoid those situations.

The first stop of any player should be the hospital for morphine. There are several but the bandits know this and hang out there. Best of luck I suppose.

Rumor has it that Dayz is still in alpha stages. I hope that helps you realize some stuff.

Rumor has it that Dayz is still in alpha stages. I hope that helps you realize some stuff.

Another rumor says that saying "It's an Alpha, deal with it" is the dumbest thing to say in an Alpha, instead of discussing bugs, features and balances. Which yet another rumor tells me that helps the game progress to a better and more balanced game regardless of stage in development.

As stated in the OP, yes I'm fully aware of that. Which is why END GAME injuries are not ready to be implemented IMO. Especially with such a time consuming game or mod, whatevs, I'll just call it a game.

"i jumped from high places all the time as a kid' date=' therefore this game is not realistic because my character carrying a ton of gear breaks his legs all the time!"

I've made jumps like that carrying far more in BCT. Ever fall carrying a 75 pound rucksack? You just have to control your fall instead of trying to land standing up. The jumps people are complaining about that break their bones, that would not happen IRL unless its a fat person or someone with a bone disorder.

Another rumor says that saying "It's an Alpha' date=' deal with it" is the dumbest thing to say in an Alpha, instead of discussing bugs, features and balances. Which yet another rumor tells me that helps the game progress to a better and more balanced game regardless of stage in development.

[/quote']

+1

lol

I have also heard and continue to propagate these rumors

Another rumor says that saying "It's an Alpha' date=' deal with it" is the dumbest thing to say in an Alpha, instead of discussing bugs, features and balances. Which yet another rumor tells me that helps the game progress to a better and more balanced game regardless of stage in development.

[/quote']

+1

lol

I have also heard and continue to propagate these rumors

Awesome, so we have a basic idea here. Instead Of breaking peoples bones and applying tweaks to combat this epidemic, remove the bone breaking and slowly add tweaks to implement it.

Is this zombie world full of people with weak leg bones :huh:

Yeah, no. That's not how Alphas work. Taking out features because they're not ideally implemented completely defeats the purpose.

The whole idea is to implement things piecemeal. Try them out, see how they work, see how the players respond, and slowly tweak them bit by bit based on testing and feedback.

Yes, it's not a complete feature.

Yes, sometimes you break your leg when a real person probably wouldn't have.

Tweaks are coming in the next patch and I'm sure more will follow.

Deal with it or go away and wait for Beta.

Well, Ok then. I'll be patient and keep drinking my milk.

There's no harm in being considerate towards your lab rats ya know, we spend a lot of time on DayZ.

i heard that its because in NZ they fall over pebbles and die, so they decided to be kinder and made it if you trip over you just break both your legs and have to re spawn... oh wait they also cannot melee with weapons, because they are scared to get blood on themselves so we must always kill from distance and aggro the whole zone

zombies at the moment they are to inconsistent with there aggro , some you get past with prone/crouch slow walk others just seem to know, my best aggro i found happens a lot when you hit new tile while being stealthy and your player auto runs *that is worst aggro pulling BS ever* also getting aggro from behind solid wall is another pain that needs fixed

but for an Alpha build this is epic, best zombie mod ever created, i would rather have it with these issues than not at all

my best aggro i found happens a lot when you hit new tile while being stealthy and your player auto runs

but for an Alpha build this is epic' date=' best zombie mod ever created, i would rather have it with these issues than not at all

[/quote']

I hear ya! Or if you crawl onto a brick or a slope then stand up and run.

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I'll still be playing, giving feedback and suggestions regardless of trendy comments because I want nothing more than see this awesome mod become even better.

People shouldn't have to be 2nd guessing whether or not they give feedback or opinions simply because the forum with hand out attitude whiplash.

What I've suggested here Is viable towards creating a better experience.

Zombie's on ladders can't break bones

Better relationship between Zombies and the floor.

Tweaks in fall damage considering bone breakage.

If bones are being broken due to glitches rather than Zombies then perhaps re-think the approach towards implementing Zombies breaking bones until a stable platform is introduced.

Having the initial idea of: If a zombie *Attacks*, they might break your leg> seems pointless if zombies don't actually cause the breakage and glitches/flaws do.