lolwatpear

think arma 2 CO will be on sale for steam soon?

I really want to play this, but would rather wait if this ends up on sale on steam (only steam). Was combined operations on sale last summer sale?

It's on sale directly from Bohemia at the moment' date=' under combined operations. Buy from the company directly and you can choose to download from their mirrors or buy a steam copy.

[/quote']

can you explain how? i just went on the official site and I only see links directing the purchasing to 3rd party sites like steam.

edit: https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations/

if you're talking about this one, it says non-steam version when I add to cart.

yeah it will be on sale man, they seen how popular the game is, of course they will put it in the sale, it would be silly buisness not to.

through their own site (bohemia) it is 24.99 for the 'steam edition'

you click the 'add to cart' button. click pay for order(something like that) and it takes you to your cart, and you go through ... a couple off steps to place the order, and then a couple of steps to pay for said order...

at the end of ^ steps... you will wind up with a 'steam ID Key' (or something like that) then you highlight it. COPY ... sign into steam, library, bottom left 'add game' 'activate a product on steam' and paste in the 'steam id key'...

thats all =P (yeah purchasing through their site is kinda strange.... and if you see a 'add ___ code to your mastercard/visa/etc' just click 'no thanks' (not 100% sure if it was one of those annoying as hell adverts... or an actual thing so ... no thanks =P)

GO GO.. join the ranks of players with one, or two accounts lol

yeah it will be on sale man' date=' they seen how popular the game is, of course they will put it in the sale, it would be silly buisness not to.

[/quote']

Silly business would be to lower the price while it's still selling strong. Once sales decline I can see a sale of more then $5, until then... no sale except for Bohemia's.

I dont understand why a game that is already selling fine would be put on sale. Its new-found popularity is already making it sell like crazy, why lose profits?

I dont understand why a game that is already selling fine would be put on sale. Its new-found popularity is already making it sell like crazy' date=' why lose profits?

[/quote']

because you fail to realize that people like me don't want to buy it at $30 but wouldn't mind paying $15-$20. When you add all the profit made from the sale, it would be greater than the profit made had the sale never happened.

I dont understand why a game that is already selling fine would be put on sale. Its new-found popularity is already making it sell like crazy' date=' why lose profits?

[/quote']

because you fail to realize that people like me don't want to buy it at $30 but wouldn't mind paying $15-$20. When you add all the profit made from the sale, it would be greater than the profit made had the sale never happened.

But, you're in the minority.

If you're looking to make money, and every company is. You're not going to lower prices on anything that is selling as well as Arma is atm. once sales start to drop, then you put it on sale to get the 'cheap' people that wanted it, but didn't want to pay $5 - $10 more.

sorry but if you think 2 games aren't worth 25$ you are cheap.

It's on sale directly from Bohemia at the moment' date=' under combined operations. Buy from the company directly and you can choose to download from their mirrors or buy a steam copy.

[/quote']

can you explain how? i just went on the official site and I only see links directing the purchasing to 3rd party sites like steam.

Steam version here

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations-steam-version

[/quote']

Steam version here

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations-steam-version

thanks, bought it.

You do realise you only have to buy operation arrowhead? you can use Arma 2 free instead of regular arma 2 and it works fine, exactly the same installation.

You do realise you only have to buy operation arrowhead? you can use Arma 2 free instead of regular arma 2 and it works fine' date=' exactly the same installation.

[/quote']

yeah but the textures are worse from what i've read.

CO is already heaps cheap on Steam.

If it goes on sale then I wouldn't expect the price to be slashed too much.

[/quote']

If you're looking to make money, and every company is. You're not going to lower prices on anything that is selling as well as Arma is atm. once sales start to drop, then you put it on sale to get the 'cheap' people that wanted it, but didn't want to pay $5 - $10 more.

He's not really in the minority. I know several people who are waiting for sales, and every thread about DayZ on every gaming forum I visit has lots of people asking about sales.

[/quote']

He's not really in the minority. I know several people who are waiting for sales, and every thread about DayZ on every gaming forum I visit has lots of people asking about sales.

I agree, I've seen thousands of posts about people waiting for a sale for ARMA II, they definately would make more profit if it was on sale then not.

Anyone who thinks they wouldn't make more money with it on sale is just jelly they paid full price.

Basic Principle is:

1000 Buyers @ $20 = $20 000 2.5% Profit = $500 Profit

500 Buyers @ $30 = $15 000 2.5% Profic = $375 Profit

(It can get more complicated because those 500 people would buy it reguardless of the price so really it's 500 extra buyers at the discount price not 1000, which isn't really that much, and easily 500 people have posted waiting for a discount, the more buyers the higher profit, say every 1 person who would buy it at full price every 1 extra person buys because of a discount.)

You get the idea. General rule is the more you sell at a lower price will always be more profitable then less at a more expensive price.

The best time to do this is when demand is just dropping, everyone who would pay full price already has, it's now just the rest waiting for incentive.

Get a business degree then come back and talk.