grandpa_smuckers

MERGED: Everything poop and pee

You should have to fap every day. It would help with my immersion.

You should be able to refill empty water bottles with your pee and drink them

just like Bear "George Foreman" Grills taught me to do on his TV show iron chef

You should be able to refill empty water bottles with your pee and drink them

just like Bear "George Foreman" Grills taught me to do on his TV show iron chef

Wot.

You should have to fap every day. It would help with my immersion.

Keys would be W,S,A,D to operate the fap:D again do so at your own risk, as the rustling can attract hordes.

I see some people don't like this idea, but it seems most do. Kneesocks asks what you get from this, now here is my view and my answer to that question.

a gameplay element. If you don't pie when safe, you might wet yourself. If you wet yourself, you'll atract zombies. Zombies have a great sense of smell, and they might be attracted to urine.

Another thing to keep in mind, I like it. Actually, I like it very much.

And it is not hard to implement, codingwize.

Finally a use for all those empty whiskey bottles! I could spend hours hitting people with bottles of urine and then watching them get mauled by zombies.

Think about it.

Your character will have to poop and pee, like real life. There will be a brown glow around your food HUD icon that gradually gets darker over time, eventually getting very dark, and then flashing just like when you are starving or dehydrated. At that point, you may poop randomly at any moment, and be vulnerable for a certain period of time (20 seconds? 30 seconds? a minute?).

The same goes for peeing; there could be a yellow glow around the water icon that eventually flashes if you've not satisfied your need to pee for a while. You will then pee (your pants? then there would have to be some sort of speed debuff, but i'm not sure if debuffs are a good idea for this – making yourself vulnerable for 10 seconds is enough).

Imagine killing a bandit that's been stalking you for the past 10 minutes, then walking over to his body and taking a shit on his face. Think about sneaking up behind your buddy while he's afk then unzipping your pants and peeing all over him right when he comes back.

Maybe if you pee on somebody's face it can blur vision temporarily & has a chance to cause infection/disease (Rocket mentioned the temperature system may implement some sort of sickness, could coincide with that).

If you contract some sort of sickness, your poops will be irregular – maybe you can get constipated, or even have projectile diarrhea spray up to 2 feet away. Poop decals are, of course, required.

If you eat beans, you may get super farty and have to fart every so often. The noise could reveal your location. This would give value to different food sources (so pasta/sardines/beans aren't all exactly the same) – ones that make you fart less, or have less diabolical poops.

For pooping, maybe you will need to carry around toilet paper – if you can't find any, you can use bandages, or you can get a speed debuff from chafed butt.

This is all I can be assed to write right now, but I may come back later and add. I think it's a pretty amazing idea, and I've always wanted a game where I could poop and pee realistically.

Let me know what you think & feel free to discuss! :)

LOL :DD

I imagine a survivor having to stop every 2 minutes because of severe diarrhea and zombies just waiting for him to finish :DD

marvellous - i love how much detail you've put into this, :D

assuming you're not just having a laugh though, you could say it's sort of already implemented... A few times ive had to take a piss IRL at the risk of losing sight of my group or getting mauled while AFK ;)

yeah I already have to do this enough in real life while playing the game....nothing like having to stop my raiding party right before we hit a town cuz I have been holding my piss in for 30 minutes....

You could shit warning messages on the street. You could shit huge amounts in a camping spot so that bandits wouldn't be able to handle the smell, and would have to leave. You could make zombies avoid shit to a degree. So you have safe shit paths towards good loot spots.

The shit locations would have to be tracked per server, of course, we don't want shit in the central character database. Although, shit stats would be alright.

Shieeeeet

You could shit warning messages on the street. You could shit huge amounts in a camping spot so that bandits wouldn't be able to handle the smell' date=' and would have to leave. You could make zombies avoid shit to a degree. So you have safe shit paths towards good loot spots.

The shit locations would have to be tracked per server, of course, we don't want shit in the central character database. Although, shit stats would be alright.

Shieeeeet

[/quote']

wow.....this thread is really going into the crapper

i hope in future builds we can see players smearing themselves in shit for camouflage, or just rolling around covered in shit and screaming to freak people out

heh, says a lot if there is already a thread on the subject ;)

If the game gets this system, it will pretty much make Day Z the best game ever.

Didn't think there was any chance of another thread, so I didn't search, but wow! I'm gonna keep my thoughts in this thread though.

I think this would make a great addition. The pooping and peeing could be on realistic time – maybe you have to poop once every 4 hours (or maybe even more), and pee rarely as well – if you're running around while hydrated most of the water gets sweated out anyway.

I think it would be awesome to be sitting around a campfire with 3 of your friends, a tent set up, then saying, "oh brb guys i gotta take a shit", walking away behind a bush and pooping, bury it with the entrenching tool (more uses for items!) so zombies can't smell it, then walk back satisfied.

Or you can just poop on top of the camp fire.

A group of friends could also pee on a campfire to make sizzly smoke & put the fire out!

The whole smell attracting zeds thing could be worked on – maybe the radius in which they smell anything could be as large as smoke grenades attracting them, which isn't that large – I don't think zombies have great senses of smell, and if they did, the smell of rotting flesh all around would do a good job of masking poop and pee.

wait, this thread is for real?

ive been trolled... i think?

...shit-rolled?

If you eat beans' date=' you may get super farty and have to fart every so often. The noise could reveal your location. This would give value to different food sources (so pasta/sardines/beans aren't all exactly the same) – ones that make you fart less, or have less diabolical poops.

[/quote']

LMFAO

holy shit that is gold hahahaha

I approuve of this thred, 5 stars.

I' d really like to know what Rocket think about this cause i have to say that i would certainly bring more "realism".

So who's gonna record themselves on the shitter for this? :D