Sign in to follow this  
divineholiness

As a server admin what are my options to deal with hacking?

What tools to I have other than attempting to figure out whom they are and band them? Are there additional tools and scripts to help remedy the hacking issues?

The log files / ban. Rather ban the people you think might be hacking, then check your logs. If you were wrong, unban.

I dont have any idea what to look for in the logs though :(

Not too much, its pretty hard. the logs wont really show if someone is spawning gear or anything unfortunately. You can see connecting player logs though, if they have gear in their inventory that's not part of DayZ then that's a pretty dead giveaway. Other then that just the same as others. Observer a hacker, record/ss it, report him, and then ban him

Not too much' date=' its pretty hard. the logs wont really show if someone is spawning gear or anything unfortunately. You can see connecting player logs though, if they have gear in their inventory that's not part of DayZ then that's a pretty dead giveaway. Other then that just the same as others. Observer a hacker, record/ss it, report him, and then ban him

[/quote']

Depends on the quality of the hacker. People using public hacks or noob hackers will unknowningly use blacklisted scripts that BattleEye will catch and they will be gobally banned.

A real deal hacker though, you'll need to catch him in the act. He's Bypassing battleEye so well that there is nothing as an admin you can do if you dont have hard evidence or an hack in progress.

If you really want to get into what it is that you can do, send me a PM. There are some forums you should go read.