Sign in to follow this  
thecat100

Choose what you want to drink

So the suggestion I bring you guys here today is quite simple: the ability to choose what you want to drink.

How often have you been near a water pump or the shore thinking "Wow, I have a nice drink of water then refill it". So without wasting any time, you then proceed to choose "drink water" by scrolling your mouse wheel. To your dismay, you don't drink any water, but rather that pepsi/coke can you had.

Basically, I want an option implemented that allows you to choose if you want to drink from your water bottle or from a can of coke/pepsi. This would be a very nice and useful addition to the game. I don't know much about Arma 2 coding, but I think this shouldn't be too much of a hassle to create.

Suggestion: Keep your consumables in your backpack. The only thing I keep in my active inventory is ammo for the weapons I have, flare/chemlights/frags, bandages and pain killers. Food items can easily be switched over as they are not a must-have-now item

It IS a good idea, but, for the reasons TOCMasterK stated, becomes redundant due to the fact most players keep the consumables in their backpacks, to take only what they need to eat/drink. Thus I imagine implementing such a feature would be on the bottom of the priorities. Though it would be a nice bit 'o polish.

Alliteratively, I think you can just open your inventory and double click what you want to consume. I cant verify this right now, though as I am not at my home PC....but you should really be keeping that stuff in your pack

Rocket was talking about implementing drop down menus for the inventory in the future. So instead of using the scroll-wheel you would open your inventory menu, right click on the item and select the desired option (drink, refill, drop etc).

Or just keep one item of water and one item of food in your inventory with the rest in your packpack, that's how I select mine.

Rocket was talking about implementing drop down menus for the inventory in the future. So instead of using the scroll-wheel you would open your inventory menu' date=' right click on the item and select the desired option (drink, refill, drop etc).

[/quote']

+1 to this. That would really help as Arma 2's scroll wheel is great but not for this mod.

You always eat or drink what ever is closest to the top of your inventory. Also you can put what you don't want to eat or drink in your backpack or drop it on the ground briefly.