interceptor

Reward for knocking out a player.

Hey guys,

I came up with the idea when I shot someone and he fell unconscious. I didn't really want to shoot him to death but I just wanted his loot. But that didn't work since there was no option to open the gear menu of him.

I guess that's a missing feature which could be usefull for people who don't KOS but practise the old good way of banditry. I also think there should be weapons or small items which can knock out a player without killing him to loot him but this has been already suggested and I don't know what was the developpers opinion.

• Like 1

yes a good idea, although if they wake up during you looting them then your in trouble :)

a tranqualizer dart gun would be usefull or a bat.

Would prefer this than dieing so freakin often cuz of KoS -_-

At least i would survive this way.

And i have an idea:

Do the Blowpipe-Thing.

Ya know?

Invent that modern technology of pipes made of somethin (like a plastic-pipe found on industryspawns) and combine it with an amount of injektors, filled with sedativa found in the hospitals.

Would prefer this than dieing so freakin often cuz of KoS -_-

At least i would survive this way.

And i have an idea:

Do the Blowpipe-Thing.

Ya know?

Invent that modern technology of pipes made of somethin (like a plastic-pipe found on industryspawns) and combine it with an amount of injektors' date=' filled with sedativa found in the hospitals.

[/quote']

Perfect!

When I read the title I thought you were going to suggest getting a free gun for knocking someone out. I agree that there should be a way to knock someone out. It'll create so much more immersion and fun moments. There's a guy looting a barn, completely oblivious to your presence, you sneak up behind him with a shovel and BAM! Spade to the back of the head, out cold. Then you either loot his body or leave him as he no longer poses a threat. I think that'd be better than sending two bullets into his back.

• Like 1

Maybe we could have an option to chloroform unsuspecting players! :D

... saying that, perhaps my suggestion belongs in that 'sexual anxiety' thread...

Anyhow! I think this could be a nice idea, hitting someone in the head with the butt of your gun, a good ole' pistol whip or bludgeon them with a crowbar. Any would do the trick. ^^

replace the m870 / 1014 slugs with beanbag ammos, designed to knock off players. That way we may have more shotgun users, IMO

Maybe we could have an option to chloroform unsuspecting players! :D

... saying that' date=' perhaps my suggestion belongs in that 'sexual anxiety' thread...

Anyhow! I think this could be a nice idea, hitting someone in the head with the butt of your gun, a good ole' pistol whip or bludgeon them with a crowbar. Any would do the trick. ^^

[/quote']

replace the m870 / 1014 slugs with beanbag ammos' date=' designed to knock off players. That way we may have more shotgun users, IMO

[/quote']

I agree with you both concerning your proposals/suggestions. Let's see if our dayz god will do something similar to this. :D

More or less the same as what I was hoping to suggest. I was thinking more like a freeze option. No not like an ice gun, but more like a "Hey asshole, freeze and drop all your shit as I happen to have a gun pointed at your head" kind of freeze. The result could be a known 2 to 3 minute (or some other time frame) unconscious timer for the victim and automagically all his inventory, including bag, would "drop" to the ground. Then the other guy can loot, run, kill, or any combination they so choose. Hopefully that would help cut down on KOS encounters when one freindly stumbles upon another. It could also be used by bandits to be bandits in the more traditional sense of the word.

ban·dit (babreve.gifnprime.gifdibreve.gift)

n.

1. A robber, especially one who robs at gunpoint.

2. An outlaw; a gangster.

3. One who cheats or exploits others.

Edited by THEDirtySanchez