Anyway to play DayZ in the steam version of ARMA2 ie not use six launcher. I want to use steam in game features ect like screenshot and stuff

once the game gets out of alpha steam might do something. DayZ is the reason Arma2 even shot up in sales so once its in beta I could see steam trying something

I play it in steam without six updater.

I have arma2 store bought version and Arrowhead steam version togeter as Combined Ops and latest dayz downloaded from there website and works. Steam community/chat works fine to.

Yes there is a way. Give me a second and I'll hook you up.

----

EDIT:

1. Install ARMA2 Beta, download the latest version from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (Get the latest in the green box at the top) Extract and run executable.

2. Goto your ARMA 2 OA Folder. Eg C:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

3. Rename ArmA2OA.exe to something else, this backs it up incase you want to roll back to standard. I renamed mine to ArmA2OA-i-am-s.exe

4. Goto steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta and copy arma2oa.exe and then paste it two folders up back in steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

5. Cool, so now we’ve replaced the old executable with the beta one and Steam won’t even give a fuck. But that’s not all. Now you need to go into Steam, right click on ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead and goto Properties > SET LAUNCH OPTIONS

6. Change your launch options to this:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz

OR if you wanna get your nerd on you’d have something like this:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash -noPause -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047

7. Load ARMA2 OA from Steam as normal

Hey thanks for the quick replay, with ur steps above, Downloading ARMA2 BETA how big is it?

It's just the beta patch. Not very big. When you click that link, it's the big green bar at the top. :)