dotjosh

COMING SOON: Six Launcher Replacement

Note, these aren't photoshop mockups.. this is working (Very well) already.

Here are some screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/1rkNu.png

http://i.imgur.com/g4Aye.png

http://i.imgur.com/KYTwp.png

I, like most of you, wanted more out of the Six Launcher... so I decided to put my money where my mouth is and started building a better launcher myself.

I've been working hard for the past week or two to get where I'm at, and have had a lot of great feedback from my friends who are using it exclusively now instead of six.

I figured I'd jump on here and give everyone a little heads up of what's coming VERY SOON (I'll probably release the first version within the next few days)

I really want the community to help me drive the direction of the software, so I'm very open to any good feedback you have.

and pleae include an option to always start the game with the latest beta patch

and pleae include an option to always start the game with the latest beta patch

Right now, it only launches it with the latest beta patch.

I prefer Armarize hugely over Six Launcher - but I certainly give your one a look too. Good luck!!

Looks really awesome, especially the friends feature and the server time. Only thing I would suggest/something I wished was in six launcher or the actual Arma 2 browser was a favorite system, I know you can just type the name of the server but it would make things easier.

Other than that I'll definitely try this out when you release it!

and a settings filter

Can you elaborate? I have a way to filter server settings right now. Look at the left side of the screenshot.

You should contact one of the head honchos with your development to get a little more support. I love this idea! I can't stand Six; it adds suspicious files to your computer, and it doesn't run worth a damn in the first place.

Really like the server time option! Favorites would be nice.

Something I would like is the ability to keep a history, sometimes I forget the last server I played on and I had just saved a vehicle or something there. Annoying if you can't remember!

Ideally there would be a list of all the servers you've visited (perhaps with the ability to leave notes per-server).

This looks great!

Really like the server time option! Favorites would be nice.

Something I would like is the ability to keep a history' date=' sometimes I forget the last server I played on and I had just saved a vehicle or something there. Annoying if you can't remember!

Ideally there would be a list of all the servers you've visited (perhaps with the ability to leave notes per-server).

This looks great!

[/quote']

Both favorites and recent server history are high on the list to add. Didn't think of notes, that one might make it in.

WOW,. just amazing

For me personally finding a server without 3rd person/ cross-hairs/ tags is very difficult, some say it on description, other don't.

The fact you have them as filters it just fantastic. I want it, i want it now!!!

Great job! Thank you so much.

EDIT:- If checking the relevant boxes only shows servers with 3rd/tags etc, could you add an option to only show servers without? unless thats already the case

WOW' date='. just amazing

For me personally finding a server without 3rd person/ cross-hairs/ tags is very difficult, some say it on description, other don't.

The fact you have them as filters it just fantastic. I want it, i want it now!!!

[/quote']

Thanks. Currently you can only filter which settings are "included".. I hadn't even thought about people who wanted to filter out servers that "exclude" it. I'll see what I can do.

WOW' date='. just amazing

[/quote']

Thanks. Currently you can only filter which settings are "included".. I hadn't even thought about people who wanted to filter out servers that "exclude" it. I'll see what I can do.

Yeah just realized that, edited my post.

But YES!! please add the option to show servers that 'exclude' those options, that would be fantastic. Incredibly useful to me, and i'm sure many others

This might sound really esoteric but is there a way to read and display a server's weather conditions? Mainly draw distance. It would cut down on a lot of the server hopping for anyone using a long range weapon if they knew ahead of time that the server had a draw further than 700 meters. Plus it'd just be nice to know it's raining like Noah's Ark in there if I want to embrace or avoid that.

This might sound really esoteric but is there a way to read and display a server's weather conditions? Mainly draw distance. It would cut down on a lot of the server hopping for anyone using a long range weapon if they knew ahead of time that the server had a draw further than 700 meters. Plus it'd just be nice to know it's raining like Noah's Ark in there if I want to embrace or avoid that.

There is no way for me to query that directly, but if there is a way to derive more information based on the server time, I could provide some information like that possibly in a tooltip or something. I'm actually fairly new to DayZ, so any information like this is very helpful.

The notes thing is a must. Currently I have a notebook with Different Servers and local times of server locations.

In my notes I have things like if I left a tent here, and location, blah blah.

Server List Favorites is a must as well. Glad to see the work you have put in. Can wait to try it out.

I think you have already put in everything I Felt is lacking from Six Launcher

Looks very promising. Six launcher is annoying to use so I will definitely give this a go.

There is no way for me to query that directly' date=' but if there is a way to derive more information based on the server time, I could provide some information like that possibly in a tooltip or something. I'm actually fairly new to DayZ, so any information like this is very helpful.[/quote']

Nah it's not worth the effort if the implementation isn't immediately obvious. Far as I know the weather and time are handled independently.

Either way I'm behind this. Looks very slick and Six has a lot of bloat and awkward user experience to get around.

that's what i wanted to be in the six launcher. if this works properly i'll definetly use it.

thanks for helping us out. ;)

Holy jesus balls. I'm so horny for this launcher right now. Please, release it whenever you feel it is ready. I will donate my heart and baked beans.