apurslow

how do you play this game

I love this game and the idea of it but how do you play this game anymore when just about any major town or loot spot is constantly looted by server hoppers or blocked off by server hoppers i wish there was some way to have a pickup cool down when joining servers before you could pick up anything upon joining a server on top of a joining cool down where as you join a server wait the full five minutes (for example) to loot and have to wait another 10 minutes to join a different server if you indeed waited five minutes in one server

I tried server hopping myself but all of the weapons were gone. Looting could definitely be smarter, but I imagine due to engine limitations you can't spawn items only for one player.

It would be nice if weapons spawned for each player roughly based on needs. That way there would always be something there for you on your screen, and you wouldn't see crappy loot spawning when you desperately need ammo.

Making it completely random leads to playthroughs that are too hard or too easy based on your dice rolls.

Today I found 4 double barrel shotguns in the one three story barn.

Go inland.

/thread

I haven't had to many problems with this issue on the servers I play on. Maybe your getting unlucky.

btw, I'm new so I just want a quick term clarification. A "Server hopper" is someone who jumps from one server to another in a short amount of time to farm loot in the building or town he is currently in, right?

@Sparks - Yes, that's what a server hopper is.

I tend to just move inland, loot barns and small gas stations, and stick to the forest. Staying away from large towns has kept me pretty safe and out of reach of all the bandits and such.

I think 'need-based loot' sounds a bit too easy mode. I'm not having problems finding loot, whether it's on populated or unpopulated servers. Look at your map, pick a spot to go to with a goal in mind (ie I need morphine, so my next goal is to visit the hospital). So, you arrive to the place and the stuff you need isn't there- move away from the spot and come back to it five minutes later. Don't server hop- that's lame and I'm inclined to believe it doesn't really work that well. The loot system is fine- find a weapon (crowbar, hatchet, pistol, AK etc) to defend yourself with, get food, medical gear, and then start looking for luxury items.

What most people do is camp Cherno for noobs.... very good playstyle no punishments but you get bandages and painkillers.... That is how you play

When you start on the south coast instead of heading into Cherno, Elekto, head east and then North along the coast. Hit the towns there. You'll find plenty of food/drink and at the very least a hatcher. At around Solnichniy, follow the path inland til you reach Berezino. This is a town with a supermarket and a hopsital and you will find a gun here and you should be set to keep heading west inland then.

I started doing this after Cherno and Elektro got too much for me with snipers and madmen that chase you with an axe. It's worked pretty well so far, just take it slow.

I don't run into this problem at all. I mean yes people dc in combat and stuff but "every major loot spot" isn't taken by server hoppers.

i wasnt saying change the loot but rather coming up with a solution to fix the server hopping issue so that say if i joined a server i would have to wait 5 minutes before i could loot anything loot would still appear but i would not bew able to pick it up and if i did wait that 5 minutes i would have to wait 10 minutes to join another server and again another 5 to loot again thus discouraging server hopping how it stands as most of you stated you avoid the big towns for that reason the risk to reward is extremely minimal now with that seeing as a number of things affect major loot areas id rather be shot by a bandit legit camping a city than be shot by a server hopper when i scoped out the town especially if you spend the hour walking up north i mean how many ppl wanna actually go to the NW airbase