abstract (DayZ)

I want to start a server, but I'm not allowed to?

Hello!

I have a bit of a problem. Me and some friends have decided to start a server. We want to play friendly, explore the world with eachother and we plan on starting a project where we will build a giant base, filled with tents and vehicles, just for fun. We are currently around 12 people that want to create this server.

I thought about buying a server from Multiplay but they said you were not allowed to put a password on your server. I googled "DayZ Server" and I read on the forums that passworded servers are apparently not allowed? Is this really true? I mean, there are loads of passworded DayZ servers out there.

We only want to play alone. We do not plan on hacking or doing any type of modding, we just want to play alone. We don't really care if our server get's blacklisted or whatever, we just want to play with eachother, on a passworded server. Is this possible?

Thank you for your answers.

/Abstract

It is not possible. DayZ Developers are going to start cracking down on passworded servers and servers that are not up to date or meet the requirements and guidelines to be a server.

short answer: no

long answer: Those other passworded servers are breaking the rules and just havent been blacklisted by hive yet. And when you get blacklisted its impossible to run the game.

long answer: Those other passworded servers are breaking the rules and just havent been blacklisted by hive yet. And when you get blacklisted its impossible to run the game.

Well, how do I play with my friends? We want to play alone on a server.

Well' date=' how do I play with my friends? We want to play alone on a server.

[/quote']

try and find a low population server? There are plenty of low pop servers later at night. But yeah you can't run a passworded server for long until it will get blacklisted and you'll be unable to connect to the Main server and play the game.

[/quote']

try and find a low population server? There are plenty of low pop servers later at night. But yeah you can't run a passworded server for long until it will get blacklisted and you'll be unable to connect to the Main server and play the game.

One more question. Can't I host a dedicated server on my computer? Then it doesn't need to be connected to the "hive", right?

[/quote']

That is against the spirit of the game that they are trying to convey, you are safe if you are alone so its lame.

So if I rent a server it's basically exactly as if I would be playing on someone else's server since I can't kick players to make room for my mates and I can't put a password on it.

If this is the case, why would anyone want to buy servers :huh:

(Another question: Can I atleast change the server time to match my time? I'm from Sweden.)

Because you can still make it your home and you are helping the community by giving people a place to play?

I don't really feel like paying money to eventually get my camp raided when I'm not logged in. It's happened to me before, many times. I don't want to pay to get raided...

Yeah,you want to be safe in your own small world (passworded server),build a giant camp,gather all the things and get bored after a few days,right? :P

To answer your question:yes,you could set your server to your timezone or even set up reversed timezone if you prefer that.

gentlemen, I think we've found a small fragile carebear. Kid, this game is ruthless, you are MEANT to be raided, you are MEANT to raid people and you are MEANT to shoot/get shot in this game. This game is more awesome then anything zombie related so far, and you wanna play safe? there is no thrill in that, and as above said, you'll tire in a few days. The thrill is in not knowing IF you are gonna be shot or not, or if you're in the process of being scoped out by snipers while in NWA/Cherno/DC

Why would you want to just run around with you and your buddies? This makes absolutely no sense to me. The zombies in this game are a joke (except for their lag) especially when you posse roll. With no threat of other players what is there to do? Just hoard vehicles/items and never put them to use?

Jesus, I can't think of a more boring thing to do...

Make your own hive with MySQL. It can be done. All dayz is, is a bunch of saved data to a MySQL server. It isn't that hard to emulate.

theres actually a bunch of pre-made and working mysql options available if you look for them.