Sign in to follow this  
cjj (DayZ)

What counts as a murder?

Just wondering if your bullet has to actually kill him from the hit and show him the you are dead screen to count as a murder or does shooting them and then the player dying from bleeding out also count as a murder? and if so if they are bleeding but disconnecting onto another server and die from your shot that caused the bleeding does it still count as a murder if there on another server? oh and would a roadkill count as murder?

Thanks for those that reply.

IF YOU KILL ANYONE, who NOT KILLED someone else... You are a murderer.

lol i think is if they die while they are in the same server...

i shot at a group of 3 people, knocked 2 of them down and they disconnected.

i never got any murders so im guess they have to be on the same server, or they just survived a shot from a DMR.

I think there is a time limit, so if they've shot you within x time you can kill them without it counting as murder, even if they are not a bandit. Of course the downside of that is you need to get shot. I imagine there is a similar time limit for them dying after you've shot them, the exact mechanics I don't know though.

Other than that though, killing a survivor makes you a bandit.

In this game vehiclular homicide does not count as a murder, if you run over zombies your count will not go up either.

I've had a few times I have killed people and heard the flies but have not received a murder out of it. I just put it down to being a bug, I wouldn't be too worried about it, it doesn't change anything, the heartbeat sensor is way buggy at the moment. I can look at my mate who has 0 murders and my heart races, he looks at me when I have 4-5 and doesn't hear a thing.

In this game vehiclular homicide does not count as a murder' date=' if you run over zombies your count will not go up either.

I've had a few times I have killed people and heard the flies but have not received a murder out of it. I just put it down to being a bug, I wouldn't be too worried about it, it doesn't change anything, the heartbeat sensor is way buggy at the moment. I can look at my mate who has 0 murders and my heart races, he looks at me when I have 4-5 and doesn't hear a thing.

[/quote']

I think it carries over from previous lives if you get me, i.e. if you friend murdered a lot with his last character then he will still have the heartbeat on the new one.