Sign in to follow this  
beanymcbeany

What is rocket doing about dc'ing players

I would have won so many gun fights today if those people wouldnt have just dissappeared its so annoying what is rocket doing about this.

Fixing it, please don't become one of those people that constantly complain about things that have been acknowledged and are being worked on. Be patient.

Something like 20% of this site is some yahoo's long winded and usually completely ineffective or completely undoable "solution" to the DCers. Don't be one of those annoying people.

Fixing it' date=' please don't become one of those people that constantly complain about things that have been acknowledged and are being worked on. Be patient.

[/quote'] this was the first time I ever even made a post about it I dont see how that makes you think I'm one of the so called people that are complaining about it.

Hes going to make server-side collections of when a player logs in and out during a session and how many times. If it occurs too frequently, they will be punished.

What is he doing? Talking big like the people on the forums, lol.

Whatever solution is implemented is going to have major drawbacks and/or not be effective.

Having characters that stay in game and can register a death after somebody kills the process or loses network connectivity might not even be possible without a complicated patch to arma2 itself.

What is he doing? Talking big like the people on the forums' date=' lol.

Whatever solution is implemented is going to have major drawbacks and/or not be effective.

Having characters that stay in game and can register a death after somebody kills the process or loses network connectivity might not even be possible without a complicated patch to arma2 itself.

[/quote']

Yes. Why do you think the Arma II Beta patches have been flying one after another, as soon as Day Z gets a patch? The Bohemia developers are behind Rocket 100%, helping him with things that need changing. This mod is HUGE deal for them. ;)

Fixing it' date=' please don't become one of those people that constantly complain about things that have been acknowledged and are being worked on. Be patient.

[/quote']

This ^

he is working on it, in the time being go for head shots.

• Like 1

he is working on it, in the time being go for head shots.

Right, I've recently began taking this stance as well. It works. You can't DC if your dead on the first shot. Pick your battles...Unfortunately, I can rarely head shot 2 or more people.

I'm not a bandit, either. People just get in the way of me and my next bean.

Hes going to make server-side collections of when a player logs in and out during a session and how many times. If it occurs too frequently, they will be punished.

This is a useless idea and if implemented will fix little other than the server hopping, which is not the same thing as dc-ing during combat.

If the game punishes you for dc-ing too often in a short space of time, what prevents people from simply being careful about their alt-F4s? Player versus player combat is infrequent in DayZ, if it's been 1 hour since your last disconnect and someone shoots at you, what's stopping you from using alt-F4? Once you log on again, you can just wait for another 30 mins or 1 hour before using it again!

We need timers, Rocket. Goddamn log-off timers! And penalties of continued character persistence on the server for those who alt-F4!

WTF are you serious, Ive got two kids and will play for 10 - 15 mins a time, so I will get punished for having to log out because its all gone to shit in the garden