rinaun

Multiple Characters Possible! Enter Non-HIVE Servers.

[tags off]

How about $1/month subscriptions, 500.000 players AKA $500.000/month for a server network => Official servers only meaning none would have any way of finding out the IP of the DB cluster that can be afforded then => all problems solved?

[/tags off]

theres always a way vipeax. you know that *sadface* why do the smart people use their powers for evil?

id pay 25 one off for dayz but id never pay sub for it. i only sub for eve

and id only pay if i could host local servers on a home database :< mainly so i can mess with the zombies and make them do stuff :D

also a tip to see something cool I found in a server i played on...

go to the little valley with the dam in it north of prigo near cherno.

lead some zombies there. stand on the dam.

profit.

also. you will laugh your ass off. ;)

found that on a private server but pretty sure its still a bug in regular dayz could be wrong with the raytracing but... i bet they still do it.

enjoy your quest.

When was the hardware replaced? And when did he say that? Being slammed by a DDoS kinda overloards any server...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/07/dayz-has-over-420000-people-playing-the-arma-2-mod/

sorry it took so long, I knew I heard it somewhere.

"“Currently we’re running 22,000 concurrent at full peak, and 10,000 off peak, which is pretty huge numbers considering the original data structure and system was designed to handle 100 concurrents, and two servers,” Hall said during his developer session.

“We now have 1000 servers. We’re getting 110,000 players in a 24 hour period at the moment.”

Hall said the popularity of the mod forced the migration of servers six times, and five were lost to overheating. Each upgrade also causes a server crash."

You know that was all MONTHS ago right? :P When the Hive even ran 2 gameservers on the same server etc ;).

[tags off]

How about $1/month subscriptions' date=' 500.000 players AKA $500.000/month for a server network => Official servers only meaning none would have any way of finding out the IP of the DB cluster that can be afforded then => all problems solved?

[/tags off']

Vipeax, I really think that something along this mentality is a smart idea. I would make sure that you can keep it with large providers so the databases are very smooth. I just think that you guys if you ARE should NOT be footing the bill. you should incite growth in the mod but at this point charity is silly. Stop wasting your time keeping shit from getting broken by russians and focus more on gameplay. Let the big fishes handle data.

You know that was all MONTHS ago right? :P When the Hive even ran 2 gameservers on the same server etc ;).

Sat, Jul 07, 2012 | 19:29 BST was when the article was posted. Don't kill the messenger, I was just going on what many media reports about this game have told me.

The comments in the article were references to old times, but if you don't mind I'd leave it at this.

I'd like this, this would solve some of the problems of ghosting and server hopping, also it'd allow for new maps to be added and such.

I'd like this' date=' this would solve some of the problems of ghosting and server hopping, also it'd allow for new maps to be added and such.[/color']

one of my fears is rocket will end up doing this idea but only releasing one hive for each map. I think this would be a welcome change but not enough of a step in the right direction.

Tonnes of private servers now, they are infact miles better than "official".

I've been playing a proper dedciated one just like you would pay to host one, single private database is way better, 50 players, no lag no desync, no ghosting in and out, people who are at the nw airfield and other loot hotspots earned the right to be there instead of hopping from one server to another, heli's work, some custom civilian vehicles, why bother with official at this point?

Just like dayz used to be, playable.

I think once some of the official hosts/people who buy servers cotton on to the private system, they will end up with similar setups, the current serve rules are alienating anyone who want to support this mod with official setups anyway.

Tonnes of private servers now' date=' they are infact miles better than "official".

I've been playing a proper dedciated one just like you would pay to host one, single private database is way better, 50 players, no lag no desync, no ghosting in and out, people who are at the nw airfield and other loot hotspots earned the right to be there instead of hopping from one server to another, heli's work, some custom civilian vehicles, why bother with official at this point?

Just like dayz used to be, playable.

I think once some of the official hosts/people who buy servers cotton on to the private system, they will end up with similar setups, the current serve rules are alienating anyone who want to support this mod with official setups anyway.

[/quote']

I 100% agree. I think not giving people a clear option in terms of HIVE databases is going to end up causing some serious long-term issues. I see most people migrating towards running a dedicated HIVE system.

I'm not sure but I went ahead and bought 10TB of line and a dedicated dual processor blade in downtown LA for hosting several servers and the database. I just simply cannot play official with the amount of hackers anymore.

I'll be changing the header soon to reflect my server and instructing people to play on my servers if they want multiple characters or to simply have fun with friends on something secure. I'm going to wait a bit and see if I can get a definitive answer before I do but it's really getting unplayable. Every user whom hacks that joins my HIVE network pretty much gets banned right off the bat; only two issues left to solve (working on it). My users enjoy having more than the meager amount of vehicles spawned in Official. Aside from that they all tell me don't touch shit and just make sure vehicles and especially bikes are more prevalent. Not TOO many, but enough that at least each town has a vehicle or two hidden.

Just an update for anyone thinking about it, Do it! The server is great running smooth and i have 2 char i can play on now and jump from one server to the other when im not running with a group. It's nice.

Thanks for the support. I'd really like some official word on this as I think without some sort of guidance it could get messy over time.

Locked for bumping abuse.

Official word, if you want to help DayZ out, there are better ways to do so than stealing someone elses work.