Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

Disallow spawn rouletting

Spawn roulette is a far too common thing now. It puts strain on the server and is probably the single biggest reason why player bodies do not last long on the server.

Anyone else feel you should be punished for rouletting in order to achieve a good spawn.

Perhaps this can be enforced with administrators banning people who are caught rouletting.

Perhaps the punishment can be integrated into the game itself by making people have a cool down timer of 10 minute before you can respawn.

I definitely agree that something should be done about this, it's really immersion breaking to hear someone say "i'm going to suicide i'm too far away from you guys"

I think some form of a cool down timer would be the best way to handle it.

or

Maybe if you respawn within a set time frame you are forced to respawn in the same location.

I'll post more if I think of anything else.

Perhaps the punishment can be integrated into the game itself by making people have a cool down timer of 10 minute before you can respawn.

People will find ways around this, they'll just run to the nearest zombie and get killed. This will take them far less than 10 minutes and they've achieved their goal of choosing a spawn point.

Currently is there a friends system in the game? A way to add people, a way to spawn together?

I know in real life i'd stick with my friends from the beginning so there should be a system of joining a new server and choosing to begin together with your friend/s that you can select prior to spawning. Much like a party system in a typical FPS game.