uberhen

"Character Data Loaded" screen covers game while playing

Thanks mods for moving this to the right section.

Date/Time: 4/26/12, ~5:30 PM

What Happened: I had just cleared a barn, when another player comes around the corner. He surprised me, and I ended up emptying a 1911 mag (I assumed he wasn't friendly since he didn't announce his presence first, but he probably was as surprised as I was; I wasn't taking any chances this time however). He drops, and a horde is alerted. I rush for the barn, but before I get there, the black "Character Data Loading" screen appears, and I can hear the zombies attacking me. The screen changes to "Character Data Loaded," but still I can't see past the black background. I had not pressed ESC or anything. Seeing my blood go down, I decided to disconnect as a last ditch. I had plenty on me to survive the fight, but it was useless as I couldn't see.

Currently Installed Version: I freshly updated to 1.4.23 right before connecting. I had trouble updating to this version with Six Updater, so I used your mediafire page to download.

Server: I believe it was NY1 or NY3.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7 Q720 @ 1.60GHz

ATI Radeon 5870M 1GB

6GB Ram

Windows 7 x64

Where I Was: (ingame) The road leading west from Solnichniy.

Maybe this had to do with my character model switching to the bandit? I don't really care about my stuff (finding it was half the fun anyway), but I wouldn't want this to happen in the heat of a fight next time. Thank you.

Thanks mods for moving this to the right section.

Date/Time: 4/26/12' date=' ~5:30 PM

What Happened: I had just cleared a barn, when another player comes around the corner. He surprised me, and I ended up emptying a 1911 mag (I assumed he wasn't friendly since he didn't announce his presence first, but he probably was as surprised as I was; I wasn't taking any chances this time however). He drops, and a horde is alerted. I rush for the barn, but before I get there, the black "Character Data Loading" screen appears, and I can hear the zombies attacking me. The screen changes to "Character Data Loaded," but still I can't see past the black background. I had not pressed ESC or anything. Seeing my blood go down, I decided to disconnect as a last ditch. I had plenty on me to survive the fight, but it was useless as I couldn't see.

Currently Installed Version: I freshly updated to 1.4.23 right before connecting. I had trouble updating to this version with Six Updater, so I used your mediafire page to download.

Server: I believe it was NY1 or NY3.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7 Q720 @ 1.60GHz

ATI Radeon 5870M 1GB

6GB Ram

Windows 7 x64

Where I Was: (ingame) The road leading west from Solnichniy.

Maybe this had to do with my character model switching to the bandit? I don't really care about my stuff (finding it was half the fun anyway), but I wouldn't want this to happen in the heat of a fight next time. Thank you.

[/quote']

You were turning into a bandito