MOLITHAL

Pistol spawn for '0 Murder' players

Hi, it's my first post and i specifically created an account just to recommend this:

I watched loads of videos before deciding to buy the ARMA 2 collection so i can play the game (and you always spawned with a pistol). Once i was in i found it odd that i spawned with no weapon and then i found out people were spawning with their pistols and killing the first person they saw with a primary weapon to save time so they took it out (noooo!).

WELL, this can easily be resolved by allowing only those with zero murders to spawn with a pistol. As soon as you commit a murder you no longer spawn with a pistol. Problem solved!

This will also give you an incentive to never murder anyone.

As it stands i spend the first hour trying to find a gun only to get shot by a bandit, at which point i respawn and sigh that i have no weapon and repeat the same process of trying to find a weapon again (only to be shot again).

It's very hard for a new player to get into the groove of the game when you can't find friendly people to play with or a gun :(

Life expectancy has gone up since they took it away, and the coast is a much safer place for everyone.

High value farm buildings and deer stands are easily accessible from any spawn point.

No reason to consider adding them in again, and certainly not as an arbitrary reward for choosing one play style over another.

PvP combat is a big part of what Day Z is about. Why punish people who engage in it?

I don't like you, but I like you because of your avatar so I am conflicted.

Anyway your logic is flawed.

Why answer something with another question?

Why would you not have an incentive to not kill another player?

As it stands now everyone KoS each other.

Who does that help? Only Bandits.

Survivors gain no benefit from the current direction the mod is heading, yet whenever someone suggests something people defend the bandits way, when the survivor's way is already at stake.

So tell me again, what reason could you potentially pull out of your ass that tells me the amount of KoS going on is okay while looking at bandits and survivors as equals?

As for your Idea I suggest it only apply-able if you have 0 murders as well as your character lasting at least half an hour.

With the said above, people can't abuse the system to get free weapons easily, it would be more easy for people who know the game to go out and find a gun on their own, while this set up will help new players out.

I really don't like the idea of implementing anything that punishes players for any sort of pvp.

I'm in love with DayZ because it is a sandbox.

Choosing to murder someone should have no penalty other than another player wanting your head on a platter.

18% of living players are bandits; 15% of survival attempts have ended in murder.

Clearly everyone does not "KoS each other' date='" nor is there some kind of PvP epidemic sweeping the game.

Please stop repeating this ridiculous bullshit everywhere. I'm so sick of posting these stats and they're available right on the front page of this website.

As to your question, of how PvP benefits survivors, the answer is simple - it makes survival more challenging and therefore makes the game more interesting and exciting. I don't PvP much, but I'm glad other people do because otherwise this game would be another boring zombiefest like [i']Dead Island. THAT'S how PvP benefits survivors. By making their survival an actual accomplishment instead of just "Hey, look at me! I know how to click a mouse mommy!"

your murders reset upon death...

Murders reset upon death? Had no idea as i've never murdered anyone. I assumed your murder count stuck to your account much like selecting whether it's a male or female.

Is there a stats screen/page for your account? To see how many zombies/people you've killed, how many attempts you've made etc etc etc.

But seriously, murders reset upon death? That's even more reason for people to kill on sight seeing as all will be forgiven once they restart. Why not be branded a murderer? Not necessarily on the new character you made but somehow associated with your account. That's a big incentive not to kill innocent people.

I dont see how branding someone a murderer is in anyway realistic... I guess we could stick a big floating red M over their head so you know not to trust them.

Seriously though, everyone is a murderer especially in a game, when it benefits them.

"Man I sure do want to try that sniper rifle... Hey look over there!" *Bam*

18% of living players are bandits; 15% of survival attempts have ended in murder.

Clearly everyone does not "KoS each other' date='" nor is there some kind of PvP epidemic sweeping the game.[/quote']

/thread

No! this is a dumb idea! just go to cherno and elektro there is a gun in almost every building. MAN UP

You get shot on sight... it's hard to not be seen when you need to go into hotspots that everyone is watching...

This idea makes no sense. So a bandit, a guy who murders people for gear or whatever, starts with no weapon which makes 0 sense since he murders people for a living, while the guy who is supposed to be friendly and surviving starts with a pistol...? LOL wut. Man up and play smarter.

I've killed 6 people in my current life and only 1 was a bandit. And none of them were on the coast. So I'm not sure why everyone thinks there is so many bandits out there waiting to murder you.

Hell I'd say its a safe bet that you are near non-bandits all the time. They just stay hidden as you pass by so they don't get shot. Bandits are just more likely to interact with other players in the form of a bullet to the head.

There are a few issues here...

1. Like someone mentioned, your murders and kills and all that reset when you die.

2. Although I discourage it, people should be able to shoot and kill who, or what ever they want, because that's one of the great freedoms of this game. Bandits shouldn't be penalized for, well, being bandits.

3. Guns should be something you need to find, not something EVERY player has. It makes the game more dynamic and it's far more realistic. I a real zombie apocalypse not everyone would have a gun. In fact, I believe firearms should be more difficult to locate, making them a more treasured and valuable item.

4. I don't think arming new players is a good idea any ways...

your murders reset upon death...

Yeah, so if you spawn and die without killing anyone, you spawn with a gun.

This idea makes no sense. So a bandit' date=' a guy who murders people for gear or whatever, starts with no weapon which makes 0 sense since he murders people for a living, while the guy who is supposed to be friendly and surviving starts with a pistol...? LOL wut. Man up and play smarter.

[/quote']

What don't you understand? It's simple. Someone who has never shot a non-bandit spawns with a weapon. Bandits who respawn will have their murder count reset and won't look like bandits, so they won't be shot by the nice guys who never shoot non-bandits in the first place!

This would make the beginning areas much safer with less murder, encouraging cooperation as would be the case in real life.

No! this is a dumb idea! just go to cherno and elektro there is a gun in almost every building. MAN UP

You get shot on sight... it's hard to not be seen when you need to go into hotspots that everyone is watching...

No, you don't get shot on sight. If you can't survive in the major cities as everyone apparently shoots on sight, go in-land, it really is not hard.

No' date=' you don't get shot on sight. If you can't survive in the major cities as everyone apparently shoots on sight, go in-land, it really is not hard.

[/quote']

I guarantee you that a lot of your so called "bandits" on the coast are really just jumpy noobs who just found a gun, and don't even own a microphone so they can't or won't call "Friendly". Everyone assumes they were always shot by "bandits", but a majority of professional bandits have MUCH better things to do with their time than shoot everyone with a can of pasta and a crowbar.

No' date=' you don't get shot on sight. If you can't survive in the major cities as everyone apparently shoots on sight, go in-land, it really is not hard.

[/quote']

I guarantee you that a lot of your so called "bandits" on the coast are really just jumpy noobs who just found a gun, and don't even own a microphone so they can't or won't call "Friendly". Everyone assumes they were always shot by "bandits", but a majority of professional bandits have MUCH better things to do with their time than shoot everyone with a can of pasta and a crowbar.

I never said anything about bandits?