Sign in to follow this  
squeek

bullet proof vest

Body armor will be introduced at a later date.

How do you know?

I think body armor would be pretty great! But it'd have to degrade with each shot taken. But, where would the body armor fit in the GUI?

but really, could it stop a 7,62 round at 300 meters? could it?

i dont really think that it could help too much. if u get hit by a m4/ak round it could still knock the shit outta u,.

Maybe some kind of makeshift padding against z's would be more useful...?

Body armour? Would be great! I'm excited to hear it might be coming. Far too often friendly pretending bandits/starting players shoot you in the back as you turn it to them. This might save players from avoidable deaths. Also some kinda helmets etc. for chances to survive from headshots if lucky.

but really' date=' could it stop a 7,62 round at 300 meters? could it?

i dont really think that it could help too much. if u get hit by a m4/ak round it could still knock the shit outta u,.

[hr']

Maybe some kind of makeshift padding against z's would be more useful...?

You raise a good point.

Does anyone know if Arma 2 has realistic body armor? If not I don't think it'd be a possibility for this mod unless Rocket was just testing it or something.

People seem to be overlooking the fact that a set of SAPI plates in a plate carrier are VERY heavy. Roughly 30 pounds or so. Realistically speaking, anyone who is stuck moving on foot in a survival situation would never justify carrying that much weight which could instead be used for food, water, ammunition etc.

Now, if you were late in the game, had vehicles and a support group to assist you, it becomes a possibility. The weight penalty would be negated somewhat.

Soft body armour is a whole other story, but it should be limited to stopping pistol rounds only.