Kurkistan

Freeside Trading Co. Run {EDIT} Over for 7/8

Hello,

Freeside Trading Company is currently facilitating trade at Devil's Castle on Seattle 104, and will be doing so until 24:00 UTC (we may close at 23:00 depending on attendance). No attacks as of yet and alot of stuff to trade!

Kurkistan

Freeside Officer

I'm at the trading place and it seems nobody is talking? And nobody is responding to me on direct chat. Not sure if this is the correct place to post.

Edit- Aaand one of the guards just shot me. Unless that was a bandit.

I'm at the trading place and it seems nobody is talking? And nobody is responding to me on direct chat. Not sure if this is the correct place to post.

Edit- Aaand one of the guards just shot me. Unless that was a bandit.

Ah, a tragic misunderstanding then. We talked at you for a full 10 minutes and it seemed like you were being deliberately obtuse. We warned you several times, asked you to sit down or leave, then leave or die, then did a count down and shot you, assuming some kind of banditry afoot.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, but it's a liability to have a non-communicative possible bandit walking around. Once you get your communications fixed, feel free to come back.

I'm not sure how to fix it. One guard told me to use the main gate, but that was all I saw.

Also, can you store my stuff? I really wanna keep that. (Tools, bizon, m14, alice pack)

Yeah... Might be worth mentioning that traders entering the area are expected to sit with other traders and trade in an area, walking around randomly can be seen as hostile incase of looting and stealing etc.

I'm not sure how to fix it. One guard told me to use the main gate' date=' but that was all I saw.

Also, can you store my stuff? I really wanna keep that. (Tools, bizon, m14, alice pack)

[/quote']

We have your stuff in a tent right now. It'll be there (barring calamity) for the rest of the day. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

The one guard was actually a global chat, I think, which we try to avoid as a rule.

Yeah... Might be worth mentioning that traders entering the area are expected to sit with other traders and trade in an area' date=' walking around randomly can be seen as hostile incase of looting and stealing etc.

[/quote']

Good point, we tell them whenever they come in, though, so it's worked for most everyone except this one case.

Okay, everyone on the entire server just died. Consider this a suspension of operation for at least the next hour.

So how should I go about trading when I can't use direct chat? I'm almost back at devil's castle and have picked up some good stuff on the way there (L85, Bike, Matches)

Okay' date=' are you still in Seatle 103.

I'd like to trade. I have m24 and some other goodies.

[/quote']

Seattle 104 and we're shut down for the day, and possibly tomorrow too. Hackers.

Can I still retrieve my stuff?

If you can make it to the Castle before someone loots it, then yes. The "calamity" clause of my promise has come into effect, sadly.

Sucks, hopefully the admin can point out who did it and get them banned.

[/quote']

Seattle 104 and we're shut down for the day, and possibly tomorrow too. Hackers.

If you can make it to the Castle before someone loots it' date=' then yes. The "calamity" clause of my promise has come into effect, sadly.

[/quote']

It seems the server isn't on.

[/quote']

If you can make it to the Castle before someone loots it' date=' then yes. The "calamity" clause of my promise has come into effect, sadly.

[/quote']

It seems the server isn't on.

The admin took it down, most likely due to the hacking. It should be on now, I think.

Once again, I do apologize for this inconvenience. After discussing it with the people on the ground, the real tipping point was when you started running around shortly after being clearly warned (as far as we knew at the time) that you had to either leave or be shot as a threat.

In the future, when you have a complete absence of communication with a bunch of somewhat nervous people with guns, it's probably healthiest to either leave the area or sit down and look non-threatening. ;)