Sign in to follow this  
itsjustgene

Decrease of view distance by choice

I understand that the view distance is caped at 1500m or something close to that. So no player is at a disadvantage from one another. But if a player with a less powerful pc chooses to have that it should totally be up to them. I myself would rather have better frame rate then being able to see someone from 1500m and my screen lagging too much to even take them on including zombie's.

I am a less fortunate and where I live finding job's is hard enough especially during the summer where students start job hunting. No I am not just being lazy I have a tough enough time paying bills with a minimum wage job.

Feedback is appreciated. [:

I don't see why not. As long as it's up to the player then it doesn't exactly ruin anyone else's experience. I agree, gaming is an expensive hobby but there should be more settings for those with low-end PCs. If you didn't mention your tight budget, I can pretty much guarantee that you'd be getting "Get a new PC" from a lot of spoiled kids.

• Like 1

1500m is nothing. if you're having FPS problems at that view distance you should upgrade your computer.

1500m is nothing. if you're having FPS problems at that view distance you should upgrade your computer.

Did you even read my thread? I didn't post it for trolling. I posted it so less fortunate player's could have an option.

Did you even read my thread? I didn't post it for trolling. I posted it so less fortunate player's could have an option.

yes i read it, but 1500m is practically the bare minimum anyways. if you're having problems now, reducing it to 500m or so won't make too much of a difference anyways. there comes a point when you can't lower settings any further, and you just need to increase your computer's horsepower.

Even with lower spec rigs, Arma2 can be made to run pretty smoothly with the correct settings and tweaks. One thing that helps is NOT setting things like shadowing, etc.. to "low" as that puts the load on the cpu instead of the card. Setting to "normal" will use the card again.

If you didn't mention your tight budget' date=' I can pretty much guarantee that you'd be getting "Get a new PC" from a lot of spoiled kids.

[/quote']

Lmao.

I didn't know it was capped at 1500, me and my friend play together and I generally see things from a further distance than he can even though he's the "map" guy and leads us...

+1 for the choice, even though I already thought we had it.