Today, me and my friend finally made our trip up to the northwest airfield. we each took 2 days to prepare, grabbing ample supplies. We each had 4 magazines in our assault rifles, at least 2 of each medical supplies, and enough food and water to last us the return trip. After walking through the south fence of the airfield, we spotted a police zombie. I shot at him, missed the headshot, so my friend took him out while he was running. I did not even get touched. Five seconds later, 2 more come, and 1 of them hit me, turning my screen gray for half a second. Then, out of the blue, i just fall over dead. Why? I had 12k blood (max), was at 42 degrees, and all my statuses were either yellow or green. How did i die so fast? We are so far north that my stuff isn't even recoverable. Did I go into shock and get hit at the same time, causing me to die? I wasn't even unconcious or anything. No signs of death. It just happened. Will someone PLEASE explain what the fuck happened?

Unrecoverable? You must be very inexperienced, as I've been only playing for a week and I know that isn't far enough to be unrecoverable. If you spawn on the western side of the map, suchh as cherno or any other western city from there, you can make it to the NW airfield in time to loot your corpse. You'll have to eat and drink the moment you get there, as running straight from the coast and to the airfield takes about 25-35mins depending on how well you can navigate there.

Might have been a severe case of alpha

Or a sniper, I guess.

He would have killed my friend if it was a sniper, we heard no shot. 35 mins IF I get the right spawn. I'd have to keep respawning till i end up at Cherno or Balota. 35 mins is a long time. wouldn't my body despawn by the time I get there anyways? Plus if i see a zombie or another player on the way over, I'm fucked. Not to mention how thirsty I'll be when i get there and find out my stuff is already gone. That's just half an hour wasted if i were to go after it. I've already wasted at least 10 hrs on top of that, building that character, then falling of a non-existent cliff.

ur first mistake was opening fire on the first zombie u saw. i hope that is a lesson learned for u.

u dont just walk into the airfield guns a blazin. even with a huge group thats a no no. all it takes is 1 sniper with decent aim and ur gone. or in ur case aggroing zombies that didnt need to be aggroed.

If you have a 1 Hit kill weapon, aim for the Body. Doesn't really help with your situation, just sayin don't waste shots by aiming for the Head.

No, he needed to be killed. He was directly in front of us, the direction we were going. it was day out, and no rain. Just facing away from us. I went for the headshot, missed, and the zed was pissed. Either way, that doesn't explain why i died so fast. If i would've lived, we would have fled into the forrest if more zombies came, we'd lead them far away, kill em, and return to the airfield more stealthily. Done this plenty of times, I know what I'm doing... I feel this was a game error, not a player error. (no offense to you rocket)

You shoot the first zombie that you encounter when entering the NWAF and you know what your doing lol? You got sniped plain and simple the shot was so far away your buddy didn't even hear the gunshot.

I still had blood. Read the post before being an asshole. I'm 90% sure I was not sniped. This isn't an argument about skill. Both of the weapons i had were 2 or more to the body, that's why I attempted the headshot. My home server had around 15 people in it, with most of them hanging around Electro/Cherno.

I was with him. Two zombies ran up, and "one shotted" him... After he had died, he told me to scavenge his stuff, so I did, and checked some of the hangers. I was never sniped. No sniper.