bloodjackal77

DayZ's Community Now!!?!?

What is going on with the community now? There are no friendlies anymore! Every server I'm in I have a rando shooting at me even after stating im friendly. Why has this turned into a game of deathmatch?!?!? Its slowly going to drain this game of its fun! Why must you shoot anyone you see?!? People actually helped others before. Now you shoot anyone, even those whom have only painkillers and a flashlight on them. These better not be COD fags invading this game! Its sad, this game is amazing but the community is slowly turning to shit. We need to rethink the whole deathmatch thing now before the community of this game gets itself a shitty rep and new people decide not to play. Were looking to expand the community, not scare all new players away.

remember, dont your dare d/c when getting shot at for no reason!!!!!

Its not the "COD fags" i dont believe they exist in this game, its just that everyone now is a dick, plain.and.simple

Chances are the people shooting at you have been attacked themselves and have died so many times that they just don't care anymore. I witnessed a fellow transform into a bandit after he was attacked by another player with a hatchet. He shot him. Paranoid, he shot two other people firing weapons at zombies in the street, mistaking them for firing at him. Then he said something akin to "I may as well be a bandit" on the side channel.

I myself am feeling that change. Though it has not hit me yet.

The last 7 times I have played 6 of them were short lived by a random sniper, or someone I run into, say friendly, then walk away and get cap in my ass..But I am not a Bandit...yet...

If you have more food and water than you need and are armed to the teeth what else is there to do than hunt other players?

Basic survival is way to easy atm.

This community will fall so fast unless people change the way things are going. Rocket should put a reward system in for survivors, and for bandits, the dead persons loot is the reward. Cause this is just ridiculous now! Maybe even if you shoot another survivor you lose 1k health?

There are friendlies, not everyone shoots on sight. And when they do, I won't give a damn if you d/c to prevent a death or not. Just stop crying about the game and actually start playing.

Yes, I do shoot some people on sight. But only if they're either aiming at me, don't respond to my calls, are dangerously close to my friend that I'm covering or they just have gear I want for myself.

Other than that, I usually just try and let them pass without them even knowing I'm around while I just keep an eye on them.

All I can say is play more and you'll meet friendly people, use the voice chat and if you have remotely decent gear try to stay out of sight. Being stealthy is the key to finding friendlies while not getting killed yourself.

This community will fall so fast unless people change the way things are going. Rocket should put a reward system in for survivors' date=' and for bandits, the dead persons loot is the reward. Cause this is just ridiculous now! Maybe even if you shoot another survivor you lose 1k health?

[/quote']

This post is filled with so much fail I don't even know where to start.

If you have more food and water than you need and are armed to the teeth what else is there to do than hunt other players?

find vehicles, make camps and await new updates for the game

find vehicles' date=' make camps and await new updates for the game

[/quote']

Or go kill people for their lootz, both are valid options, just because you disagree with one doesn't make it somehow against the rules.

Chances are the people shooting at you have been attacked themselves and have died so many times that they just don't care anymore.

Speaking for myself and the two guys I group up with every night...this is exactly the reason.

After trying numerous times to be friendly only to get shot for no reason has lead us to just shoot people on sight. We don't go off looking for people and camp in Cherno or Elektro or anything, but in our experience the safest course of action is to kill you or avoid you entirely.

We didn't want to end up acting like this, truly. The "hardcore," asshole community has forced us to act this way if we don't want to die.

Agreed. No consequences of being an asshole and no reason to group. This will limit the audience.

Perhaps maximizing the audience at the cost of all else should not be the goal of every single game in existence? Perhaps breaking the status quo and doing things other games aren't willing to do because it risks limiting the audience might result in some innovation and unique ideas and concepts? Perhaps we should embrace the fact that rocket isn't trying to make everyone happy?

As for the rest of the goofiness in this thread' date=' only ~15% of survival attempts end in murder and it's clear from the thousands and thousands of videos, blogs and stories that most people are playing with other friendly, trusted survivors.

The game is doing fine. Nothing is going downhill. You're all barking at the moon.

And as for "no reason to group" well that's just ridiculous.

I suppose, Obviously there are many different opinions on this, some people agree, some disagree. Maybe a viable option would be to make ammo a little more scarce. I know it already sort of is, but Just a little more and maybe people will truly think twice before wasting their bullets on those who seem like they carry nothing of importance