Exitwounds (DayZ)

Vehicles not spawning - Server Support

Hello DayZ Community,

I host a virtual server and two dedicated servers for DayZ. My virtual server, hosted by ViLayer.com, has been up for 10 days now. This server is the odd-ball in that no vehicles are spawning. I can confirm that no vehicles are spawning in that over the course of a week, many of our 15 admins and 35+ players are have not come across any vehicles, other than crashed uh1y's.

Before anyone starts stating that the vehicles are randomly spawned and that the HIVE decides at random intervals the vehicle spawn rates, I know this already. This is why I think there is a serious issue with either my server's connection to the HIVE or some sort of configuration of my server.

Unfortunately my server company, ViLayer.com, sent me a cookie-cutter response and isn't really interested in assisting in the problem thus far. They also limit what files I can edit on the server (this is why I bought 2x dedicated server from HFBservers), and I can only get access to the time-management, server config and reset the suffix name of my virtual server.

I've also noticed on my troublesome ViLayer server that tents do not save after I restart my server (I do restarts daily).

My HFB Dedicated servers all spawn vehicles randomly and people can find vehicles on both server, and tents save! My ViLayer server does not spawn vehicles and does not save tents.

Any thoughts or recommendations on how to solve my ViLayer.com server issues? I'm not really interesting in giving ViLayer the boot just yet, I want to try and solve this issue with the server. :@

Have you spoken to Lee on the Vilayer Ts3 channel? He (and the other Vilayer guys) have been extremely helpful to me and many other server admins.

What is your server name?

When you restart, do you stop and star,t or just click the restart button, I always stop it, leave it 60 seconds then start it again, this has led to vehicles and tents being fine (players need to remember to save the tents (and vehicles when you get them

Yes Vilayer restricts access to certain things, but these are things that you should not be messing with unless you want a quick visit to the DayZ blacklist

I'm sure one of the guys form vilayer will see this and contact you, but just in case here's the TS3 info ts3.vilayer.com