Sign in to follow this  
WildCatNL

Value a Empty bottle, soda and tin cans!

Before I even started playing DayZ, I've been watching a great deal of YouTube footage, watched survival guides and read the forums.

But I can't recall anything about how useful some random empty junk could be.

When I started playing I saw no value in Empty junk, didn't even bother picking it up. This all changed when I accidentally threw a empty bottle instead of a flare.

The bottle shattered near or again'st a building wall, could not really see for it was very dark. To my surprise, zombies moved towards where the bottle landed and shattered and formed a small group.

With this event in memory, I later tried it again and threw a empty soda can in to a fence and was able to lure zombies towards it to investigate the noise. With zombies preoccupied with a empty soda can, I was able to sneak by and salvage loot from a shed that just a moment ago, was occupied by a zombie.

The lesson to be learned, is to see the value in empty junk you can throw and lure zombies with.

nice find mate, I started playing about 4 days ago and just like you aswell found empty cans to be junk.

But here is my question, how do you ''use'' a tin can to throw? because just like the flares and chemlights i know they can be thrown but I always try to equip them but 9/10 times i fail to use them.

type "f"

press f key. but he already mentioned he knows how to trow flares etc.

be sure its in the main inventory but yeah. today i was able to select them ''throw'' but my brother couldnt. so there must be a bug.

whisky bottles always do the job, just the empty tin and soda cans sometimes dont work.

I tried to distract a zombie earlier by throwing an empty whisky bottle out of the door of the building I was in (zombie was outside). But because I had no crosshair I threw it and it hit the bit above the door :P

Just a note to those of you not aware of the glass at the hospitals....instead of shooting the glass, throw a whiskey bottle through it. Much quieter than a gun.