Sign in to follow this  
pristit

Side channel and Bandit skin

I recently bought the game(2 days ago) and started playing dayZ

I was interested in the game because of the idea of being able to communicate and talk to other players in the server while playing

but then when I first got into a server, I saw people werent chatting

and I need to know why.. because I really liked the idea of being able to talk to other players and now its gone.. I saw that it was removed along with the bandit skins, which is another thing I havent understood yet..

the bandit skin allows you to separate the maybe friendly from those who just want to kill you..

so my question is, why were the side channel and bandit skin removed?

this really ruins my fun since I was hoping I could go with some other player and team up, but now I can't ask anyone anything.. any player I see instantly tries to kill me on sight.

Actually you can chat in-game, just hold caps lock and you can speak with your microphone but this can only be heared by the people who are near you.

chatting can still be done to some proportion just tap , or . to switch channel and press / to type even thought i'm noot quite sure who can read thos chats but typing is rarely done:)

I did try to talk to someone through the chat holding capslock but they just didnt answer..

I wanted to use the side chat to talk to people far away so I can meet up with them and team up,

and the bandit skin so I could seperate from who's maybe friendly to someone who just want to kill me on sight

You should look on the survivor forums for some people to group with because in the current state of the game, it has become a shoot first world. It's shocking how quickly it changed ( a change which did coincide with the removal of the bandit skin, I might add ).

I believe that a future build might do something to encourage less mindless killing, but right now it's rare to meet a total stranger and not have it end in gunfire. TBH though, playing solo can be a lot of fun. Sometimes I enjoy that more than being with a group, but the tension can be overwhelming - especially on a crowded server.

also worth mentioning although i am sure you are aware that you only bought arma 2 and its expansion in which both things you talk about are implomented and working , this is an alpha its free and it will be changed , broken and fixed alot more in the feuture , i would recomend getting used to that way of thinking , just to save your sanity .

in game chat works , to ppl in close range other then that use vent,mumble,ts,skype or other seperate softwear

Bandit skins are gone because they didnt work as intended beside the fact that there is no logical reason someone should advertise their intentions by dressing up in a specific way.