ravilakhani.e@gmail.com

Let's make a list of reverse-time servers and locations

Hi, I'm looking for reverse time servers (inverse day/night cycle), particularly in the US. I know of a few such servers which I'll list below. If people post ones they know of, or corrections, I'll add them to the OP.

US

Ohio 1, 2

EU

Norway 2 (as far as I know, but maybe all of that host's Norway servers)

Would be easier just to list the servers and the cities they are located in so you can contrast different time zones to your own. (IE The New York Server is located -4 GMT and the French Server is located +1 GMT. Therefore, The French Server is currently five hours ahead of the New York one). I will try and make a list of servers with their respected timezones when I get the chance.

This is a great idea. I'm tired of coming home from work and having to play in the dark.

But I get the feeling that the European servers that run Chernarus during the day when it's night in the server's location, are actually just de-synced and not doing it intentionally. For example, during first couple of days the Swedish servers were running, some of them appeared to be about 12 hours behind; today, though, this seems to have been 'fixed'. I hope I'm wrong though - I much preferred it the way it was.

Would be easier just to list the servers and the cities they are located in so you can contrast different time zones to your own. (IE The New York Server is located -4 GMT and the French Server is located +1 GMT. Therefore' date=' The French Server is currently five hours ahead of the New York one). I will try and make a list of servers with their respected timezones when I get the chance.

[/quote']

Server names already have the location in them so you can see all of that from the server browser. As immersive as the apocalypse is at night, my friends and I often prefer playing with daylight. We usually play on US servers, and most of us can move over to EU servers for the time difference, except for our Aussie friends who'd struggle with ping.

The Ohio servers, at least yesterday, allowed us to play on US servers at night IRL, day in game. Ideally, we want more of those.

Is this allowed? Can someone from the mod / dev team reply?

We run the Virginia based servers, and just as others have mentioned, when you work during the day, the only time I ever get to play during the day is either on servers physically located in another time zone, or on the weekends.

This sucks cause then our ping is total crap, not that it matters a whole bunch as far as ping goes, but I would at least like to be able to play on the servers I host :)

I'm sure i'll get bashed for it, but I do like to play at night as well as during the day, but I would at least like an option here if possible.

And word here from the dev / team?

I'm about to put up 12 more servers and would like to run 1/2 of my servers on a separate timezone?

Our time is reversed (UK7) . Not sure why since our physical server time is correct to GMT.

EDIT: 20/05/2012

It now seems to have sorted itself out since Hive 0.6 was installed on the server; it's now syncing to the correct server time so no longer reversed or out by hours.