Sign in to follow this  
gibs25

Rework the inventory

Posted (edited)

Hello, I have been playing DayZ PS5 and PC for 3 years and have tried a lot of different servers and mods.

I've seen servers where you could put multiple weapons, tanks, and almost entire trees in inventories.
I also played the PS5 version a lot where the lack of mods makes the game a bit more realistic but yeah I agree the inventory needed to be revised. PC & Consoles.

I heard that with update 1.26, inventories are going to be reduced drastically.

I've also read a lot of comments and I agree that it's unrealistic to be able to fit an M4 in pants.

I also read that many players were disappointed by this choice because the game has accepted and worked with this system for years. So I can understand the disappointment of some. Not that I agree but I can understand.
Some players say that in reality, a t-shirt has no inventory and pants only have small pockets so it is impossible to put large objects in them. And yet a Longhorn that weighs 10 Slots, it will still be possible after 1.26.

So why not find a happy medium?

- Replace the inventories of t-shirts, shirts and pants with pocket attachment slots. Offer several types of cases, detachable pockets and that we can attach them to the clothes we want.

- Reduce bag inventory but offer the ability to attach weapons to the bag. Offer large gun holsters to attach to bags.

- With a rope, suggest creating an improvised holster that can be hidden under your clothes.

With all these possibilities, you would get closer to a more realistic vision by offering more equipment so that players who want to go on expeditions can have the possibility to increase their inventory in a more realistic way.

Ps: I hope Google Translate translated my message well. Sorry I'm French and I don't speak English fluently so I tried to make understandable sentences and I hope you'll understand my vision of potential changes that would be good for all DayZ players.

Goodbye and good luck to all the development team. I hope Sakhal will be amazing and fun. 😉

Edited by gibs25
Title modifcation
  • Beans 1